Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I had no idea this is private. That's not my intent. How can I make it public? I need help!
HP Recommended

Hi mfin2005,

The HP Support Forums are a public forum for HP customers who required technical assistance with their HP products.

Your post that you marked as a solution is not confidential information and it is a valid solution.  :OpenSmile:

Warmest regards,

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

the user "pjotrpp" suggested the following:

I found mistake. Everybody we are install new version firmware to printer. Printer install new firmware automatically. This is wrong code version of firmware "CKP1CN1416AR".

Now I am trying to find out how to change the firmware version - my printer (Office 6700) says that the current firmware version is MPM3CN1416AR - so is that a faulty one?

Thanks

Peter

HP Recommended
The issue still remains! HP, what is going on?! I just moved, I'm using a different router/cable provider and I'm still getting the connection error with the Scan to Email App. I called customer service and they were not able to provide a solution. Please help. I bought the HP printer for this feature and it has been completely useless.
HP Recommended

Hi mfin2005,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Please call HP’s Cloud Services at 1-855-785-2777 if you live in the USA/Canada region. If you live outside the USA/Canada region please click here to find the Technical Support number for your country/region.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I called this support number. All they do they walk you through the very same steps that are described already in some of the posts - like these:

-Get your printer's IP Address (Can find this under Network Config under Settings)
-Type the IP into your web browser
-On the left-hand side click on iPV4 under WIRED or WIRELESS (however you are connected)
-Click Manual DNS
-Under preferred type 8.8.8.8
-Under alternate type 8.8.4.4
-Unplug Modem from the wall. Wait 30 seconds. Plug back in.
-Turn off your printer by pushing the power button. Wait 30 seconds. Power on.

And then feature will still not work - at least that was the result for me. I think there is somehting fundamentally wrong with the ScanToEmail app or the webservice and HP is not able to fix it.

Sorry, this problem is by no means resolved. 

Peter

HP Recommended
Peter is right. HP, we have done every troubleshooting step and the issue remains. The fact that multiple people are having the SAME issue leads us to believe there is an error with your app. Please advise on what we can do next. Otherwise, I would like to return my printer and switch to Xerox.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue and would love to find a way to fix this.

HP Recommended

Hello petsch, mfin2005 & jenkinshouse,

Try the suggested steps in the earlier posts of this Thread, but try this DNS information;

• Primary DNS Server = 209.244.0.3
  • Secondary DNS Server = 209.244.0.4

Let me know if that information works for you all.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Just tried it. No luck. Is it possible we have faulty printers?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.