Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 2540
iPhone

I am trying to set up my Deskjet 2540 to my iPhone so that I can print documents I have on my phone. I know my printer is not available for eprint, however it is useable for airprint with iPhone. I am trying to set it up, so i went to my Wi-Fi connection on my phone and I found my printer, but it is asking for the password. How do I find the password to my printer? I have never set a password because I have never used this printer before. Please Help! Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Try 12345678

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

That didn't work either, thanks for trying to help though! 🙂

HP Recommended

It could be the password of your router.  Have you tried that password?

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Shelby

FYI there are some tips in the links below that may help....

Printing from an Apple mobile device

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02796271

HP Mobile Printing landing page

www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting

HP_Mobile Printing.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended
I have a Hp 2540 wifi password
HP Recommended
Did you manage to find a password? I'm having the same difficulty. 😥
HP Recommended
Never mind I found out how to find the password. Press the black and white button on the printer for 3 seconds and then it will print out a paper (make sure it has paper) containing your password for the printer.
HP Recommended
what is the password?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.