Question

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 1 of 2 (527 Views)
Accepted Solution

Tips for printing photos with HP ePrint

Hello, 

I will be giving you guys a couple of tips on how to print photos with HP ePrint. These are general tips to make it a little more easier to use HP ePrint.

#1: Have 4" x 6" photo paper preloaded in your printer

The first step in getting quality photo prints with HP ePrint is having 4" x 6" HP Photo Paper preloaded in your printer’s dedicated photo paper tray. If your HP ePrint-enabled printer doesn’t have a separate photo paper tray, just make sure that photo paper is the only paper loaded in the tray when printing photos.

• All photos e-mailed with HP ePrint will print at a default size of 4" x 6".
  • If available, your photos will automatically print on paper from your printer’s dedicated photo paper tray.
  • If you don’t have photo paper loaded into your photo paper tray, this message will appear on the printer’s display: “Load paper into photo tray”.
  • If you have 5" x 7" paper loaded into the tray, it will still print a 4" x 6" photo on the paper, leaving a white border along the top and the side.
  • HP ePrint will ensure your image is printed with the correct orientation so your photo won’t be cut off.

#2: Make sure your photos have a high enough dpi

Check your image’s dpi: Right-click on your image on your PC’s desktop, then selectProperties, and the Details tab.

The second thing to remember when printing photos with HP ePrint is to make sure your digital images have a high enough resolution, or dpi (dots per inch).

• Image files (like jpeg, bmp, tiff, etc.) need to be at least 100 dpi in order to print via HP ePrint.
  • If you send a photo that is less than 100 dpi, it will not be printed. Instead, you will see a message in your job history on the ePrintCenter that says “Failed”.
  • To print a photo or image that is less than 100 dpi, insert the image file into a Word document before e-mailing. Your image will be printed on paper from the main printer paper tray.
  • Image attachments must be less than 5MB (megabytes). Also, HP ePrint supports a maximum of 10 attachments to a single e-mail. E-mails that exceed these limits will not print.

Find out how megapixels affect the resolution and quality of your digital photos.

If you guys have anymore questions let me know.

Also, remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 2 of 2 (525 Views)

Re: Tips for printing photos with HP ePrint

I hope this is helpful!

Also, remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation