Question

Tutor
DG4444
Message 1 of 16 (9,487 Views)
Accepted Solution

Unable to Connect to Web Services Server

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm trying to set up my C310a for the first time.

The printer is connected to my router via wireless.

My computers and iPads can access and print using the printer.

BUT when I attempt to use Tools/Web

1) Product Update,

2) Enable ePrint or

3) Enable Web Services

I get the USELESS error message " Problem connecting to Web Services Server"

I'm able to connect to the web using a web browser so I don't have an ISP issue.

I'm setting up the printer at home behind a CGD24N Wireless Router. 

The set up for the browser does not use a proxy so I have no proxy information.

Is anyone able to help.

Thanks

David

Tutor
DG4444
Message 2 of 16 (9,473 Views)

Re: Unable to Connect to Web Services Server

I worked it out.

I had set the printer to have a static IP address and had not set the Primary and Alternate DNS Server adresses.

Once it had these it now connects.

Thanks.

Provost
CherylG
Message 3 of 16 (9,403 Views)

Glad to hear that you solved it on your own. I have the same printer and love it, think you will really enjoy it.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
Moyo2k
Message 4 of 16 (9,350 Views)

please explain in more detail, I have a B110 and the support here has been non existant

Top Student
DannyO
Message 5 of 16 (9,219 Views)

Having same problem on Pro 8500A Plus-everything works but this. I see on my Network Config Page that the Primary and Secondary Servers are 0.0.0.0.  Where do you set and to what settings?  DannyO

Honor Student
richardholliste
Message 6 of 16 (8,274 Views)

I have an officejet pro 8500a wireless printer and it has been working flawlessly.  Now all of a sudden it hangs up when sending a document to it.  It will say "now printing" with a red "x" and just sit there looking at me.  I have discovered that I can open the printer lid and close it and it will then print??????  

Also when I click on "apps"on the printer menu screen,  it tells me, "unable to connect to the server".

Anybody experience this problem??

Richard

Student
jujocabe
Message 7 of 16 (8,196 Views)

Hi,

Could you please tell me how to set the Primary and Alternate DNS Server Adresses on a Photosmart D110?

My Wifi network is configured tu use specific DNS adresses and I belive this is the reason why I haven't been able to te enable WEB SERVICES and e-printing on my new printer. I see somehow you manged to do exactly what I need.

Please help me, I don't know haw to change this parameters on my printer.

Tutor
mistercrowley
Message 8 of 16 (8,002 Views)

Please explain answer. The ONLY IP that see for the printer is the web admin page 192.168.2.3

Does not want to connect and yet several hours before I printed the cross word of the day.

Looked at the router page and cannot see anything amiss.

Student
nathykool
Message 9 of 16 (7,657 Views)

Hi, i don't know if you still need the answer to this problem but as no one has posted it i though i might as well. I had this same issue which took me a good few hours to resolve. You have to fill in the dns settings on the printer set up page on your PC. To get to this settings page just type in the IP address of your printer. Then go to wireless network status and click more details. On the left of the page there should be some options to select. Go to Ipv4 and this will bring up some settings which dns is included in.

Hope this helps!

Tutor
mistercrowley
Message 10 of 16 (7,624 Views)

I never needed to do that. I actually just ignored it and was able to connect later. We have a bit of an unsual setup at my home. I can't really set DNS or anything or I risk not connecting anywhere. Never messed with DNS unless it was for a static IP for site access or routing issues.

Now I have 3 wireless eAiO's and I have gotten the message once or twice from all 3 printers but I think that was due to the state of the printer - sleep mode. I punched the 'apps' button a second time and they connected just right.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation