Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I still cannot correct this. I do not have the executable file under HP in the C drive. This did allow all LCD choices to populate LCD screen, but now it wants me to initiate scan from the computer.

HP Recommended

Hello celticfan,

I saw your post and would like to try help you out with this. I have found some steps for  you to follow click here for more details.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I tried to follow instructions to upgrade the LCD list, but when I opened the Services.msc, I found Hewlett Packard, but could not find the "Digital (I forgot)", and now I can't find the list I had open on the screen.

HP Recommended

I was unable to complete the following step:

One or more entries may not be listed. Now open C:/Program Files/HP/Digital Imaging/bin

I reached C:/Program Files/Hewlett Packard,    but could not find /Digital Imaging/bin

HP Recommended

Hi JimboDutch,

I understand that your are having trouble finding the /Digital Imaging/bin to upgrade your LCD List. When you found the C:/Program Files/Hewlett Packard you needed to search just a little further down to find the C:/Program Files/HP and then look for the Digital Imaging/bin.

You can also follow the steps in this document for The 'LCD List needs to be upgraded' Message Displays on the Computer When Scanning From the Product.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
worked like a charm!
HP Recommended

OMG! Yes it did help, thank you so much. I was absolutely losing my mind,

Again, thank you so much

Lynda

HP Recommended

i have problumes setting eprinter ?How i cn solve this problum because i don,t how i use it

HP Recommended

5 years later and still  solving the problem. Too good

HP Recommended

Thanks for you help. IT WORKED!!  You're Awesome

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.