Question

Student
wmodavis
Message 1 of 2 (653 Views)

Web services will not work

When I first set up my new printer everything worked fine. I ePrinted a couple of items. There was quite a delay but it worked eventually. Later whentrying it again it continually showed no connection. I tried de-activating web services and then re-activating to no avail. Just finished completely uninstalling all the new HP software and reinstalling but cannot enable web services. In Setup from the 6500 E710n control panel it requires proxy information. I have a small home network - no proxy. It didn't require that info the first time I set it up and it worked. Now I cannot get past that request for proxy info. Printer is on same subnet as my PC connected via wireless and I have a good solid internet connection.

-          What printer model do you own?

Officejet 6500 E710n-z

Model No: E710n

s/n: cn9911ocs05jw

Product No: cn577a

-          Is your printer connected to your home wireless network (the blue light on the front should be on, not blinking)?

Home Wireless Network

Blue light ON – not blinking

-          Can you print to your printer from your computer over your wireless network (not via USB)?

Can print from computer over wireless and scan to computer from printer.

-          Have you enabled web services on your printer and it has printed out the web services info sheet? 

When I go SETUP>WebServicesSetup> Continue> AcceptTermsYES>Proxy might be required

Expects Proxy or cancel

-          Have you tried turning your printer off and then on again and refreshing the page on HPePrintCenter to see if the status updates? 

Cannot set up Web services to try eprint

- Have you tried sending an email to your printer's email address to see if it prints? 

Cannot set up Web services to try eprint

Any offers of help to correct this problem?

Bill

Grad Student
windrunner123
Message 2 of 2 (508 Views)

Re: Web services will not work

Hi wmodavis,

Looking at the details, I believe at this might be due to the server outage that we were experiencing at that point of time

Are you still having this issues?

Please also check that these ports 80, 443, 5222 and 5223 are not blocked by your firewall or service provider.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee

**** Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" ****
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation