HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-07-2011 01:08 PM
i have the 8500 plus but i dont know if i have to download something or eprinter to my phone for i to printer wireless
05-07-2011 04:41 PM
If you have a Blackberry, Android, Symbian-based, or iOS device, you can print using our iPrint app. Furthermore, if you have an iOS device, you may be able to utilize AirPrint to print directly to your printer on your local wireless network. In order to do this you will need to ensure that your iOS device is on version 4.2 or later.
For iPrint, you can download the application from the proper marketplace on your phone of choice. It will more than likely be listed as "HP iPrint Photo 3.0"
Hope this helps.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
If my reply solves your issue, please mark it as solved to help fellow users fix their similar issues!
Though I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
05-09-2011 08:56 AM
If you are trying to use the ePrint feature you must first enable web services on the ePrint compatible printer. When you enable web services the printer will print an activation page. Use the activation code listed on the print out to sign up at www.hpeprintcenter.com. Once you have created the account you will add your printer using the print out. Once the printer has been added successfully you will then be able to send emails and attachments to the printer email address and they will print automatically. Below are directions for the above. If you have any other questions please post again. Thanks
Add your printer to your HP ePrintCenter account at www.hpeprintcenter.com
To set up and troubleshoot your web-connected printer, create a free account on HP ePrintCenter and add your printer. An HP ePrintCenter account allows you to:
- View the connectivity and print status of your printer, including ink level status.
- Manage your printer’s ePrint settings, see the status of your current ePrint jobs, and control who can print to your printer
- Browse available print apps, and add, configure, or remove print apps on most web-connected printers.
- Add Scheduled Print apps and configure the day and time when you want them to print automatically for you (currently only available on the Photosmart D110)
- Review extensive Print App FAQ and Help resources available on HP ePrintCenter
- See up-to-date ePrint and Print App news and site status information in the web services News section: http://h30495.www3.hp.com/news/
Print your Web Services info sheet
You will likely need to reprint your web services info sheet to enable your printer for adding to your ePrintCenter account - your printer's email address can only be used to add it to an ePC account for 24 hours after printing the info sheet. Reprinting the info sheet doesn't change your email address, it just re-enables your printer to be added to your ePC account. You can only print your Web Services info sheet if you have enabled web services on your printer. If the web services info sheet will not print, try removing and re-enabling web services (see here for how to do that) and your info sheet should print automatically.
The steps to re-print your info sheet vary by product:
Depending on the printer model, either:
- Via the Setup>Wireless>Web Services Settings menu, or
- Via the Web Services/ePrint icon on the front panel display – select the icon and select the “Print Report” button on the Web Services status screen.
On the eStation:
- Select the Menu button on the eStation display (to the right of the Home and Back buttons at the top left when the display is docked on the printer);
- Scroll down to the ePrint section
- Select the blue "Web Services" settings link on the right of the ePrint section
- Select the Print ePrint Information option
Depending on the printer model, either:
- Via the Setup > Web Services Setup >Printer Email Address menu, or
- Via the ePrint icon on the front panel display – select the ePrint icon and select the “Print” button on the ePrint Status screen.
- Print a configuration page from your product, and locate the IP address.
- At your computer, open a Web browser and type the product IP address into the address line. The HP Embedded Web Server opens.
- Click the HP Web Services tab.
- Click the Print Information Sheet button.
Create an account on HP ePrintCenter and add your printer
- Go to www.hpeprintcenter.com and select the Sign In option on the Welcome screen
- Follow the steps to sign in with an existing account (e.g., Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc.) or select the Sign Up link, and follow the instructions to sign in and create an account.
- Enter your printer email address from the Web Services info sheet in the Add Printer dialog that appears to add your printer to your account If the Add Printer dialog does not appear automatically, select the Add Printer button.
Once you have added your printer you will automatically be prompted to configure your ePrint settings, including managing who can print to your printer.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.