Message 1 of 6 (2,107 Views)

What is the printer code for HP Officejet 6500A Plus

Need the printer code for HP Officejet 6500A  Plus

Intern
HP_Matt_R
Message 2 of 6 (2,102 Views)

Re: What is the printer code for HP Officejet 6500A Plus

jessesonia,

Please see the post below for printing your Web Services info sheet, it should have all the information you need on it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile/Print-your-Web-Services-info-sheet/td-p/572615

============================
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Top Student
grief
Message 3 of 6 (1,946 Views)

I'm sorry, but the printout  (HP Network Configuration Page) I got from my 6500 doesn't list anything titled printer code anywhere.  Perhaps it is called something else?  What is it supposed to look like?  

Tutor
mistercrowley
Message 4 of 6 (1,941 Views)

Are you referring to the code that the ePrint center needs to register your printer?

If so, on the printer screen you go to Setup > Web Services Setup > Printer Email address. The printer will then connect to the ePrint services and print out a sheet with instructions that tell you to go to eprintcenter.com and sign up and enter the code listed below. You might need to insert your ink cartridges because it might be tring to print in a color that it is not able to do. It will be a code that has letters and numbers in it and it will be the printer's email address ID.
Top Student
grief
Message 5 of 6 (1,923 Views)

That would be all well and good if only I could get past the HP update glich.  Until something miraculous happens on that front, my printer won't allow me to get to the point where I can now print out a new network configuration page.  

The printer is connected to my wi-fi, prints well, but cannot find the updates it requests.

If the print code is an address, I had tried using the hardware address and the access point address as the  print code without success.

Top Student
grief
Message 6 of 6 (1,882 Views)

My printer is running Firmware version CIP1FN1126AR.  HP tech help acknowledged there was a software problem affecting my 6500a and certain other printer models.  Presumably all running the same version of Firmware.  As of today (8-24-2011) HP engineers have resolved the issue, posted a fix through the cloud server, and my 6500a is now able to issue  a print code.  Problem solved!  Thanks to HP for due diligence.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation