Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The manual says I should find my fax number on the printer screen.  I can not find it.  Does anyone know where it is?

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP 6700 and i am having a hard time to locate the efax.  Manual stated to set ii up through the apps. but efax is no where to be found.  Can someone help.  thanks.

HP Recommended

Marinchue, Hope you are doing well and welcome to the HP forum

Quoting one of our most respected experts "ShlomiL "

The eFax service provided for specific HP models only.

The service not provided by any model equipped with analog fax capabilities, therefore the same applies for the OfficeJet 6700 Plus.

Below you may find which HP devices currently support the eFax feature:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03102078

To see how efax works  GO HERE

To get the latest firmware and software updates please

Get the Latest Firmware and Product Updates

Do not hesitate to post again if I can assist you further.

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended
Thank you for the reply. I have decided to return the 6700 for a 7515. Again thank you. Marichue
HP Recommended

marinchue,

HP Photosmart 7515 e-All-in-One is a great choice and it does support efax  I will give you KUDOS for staying HP

Feel free to use this resource to get assistance if you needed.

Best of Luck;

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

I have a HP printer with fax - how do I get my fax number?

Yours James

HP Recommended

@James2222- What type of printer do you have? Is it one that is capable of eFax such as the Photosmart 6520? Or do you have an Officejet that would require a traditional fax analog line?  Please give the exact name of the printer that you own and the operating system of the computer that you have installed it on if it is the Photosmart 6520.

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

hello My printer is officejet 6500 requiring a phone line. My operating is windows 7

HP Recommended

If you want to set up a line for the fax machine portion of the printer, one would need to contact their phone provider to assist with setting that up. Otherwise whatever analog phone line you plug into the machine will be the number that one would use when faxing people. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

hello,

I already have a phone number. Ar you saying that my fax number is the same as my telephone line?

ours james

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.