Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you want to share that line with the printer and use it for voice conversations and faxing, then yes it would be the same.  Otherwise, if you want the printer to have its own fax number, you can call your service provider and have them add a second line to your dwelling. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Thank you Shrizz1 - my problem has been solved.

Yours James

HP Recommended

James2222- Thank you for the updated response on your issue. I am glad that the printer is working for you. 

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Hello Shrizz1.

Could you let me know if my fax number must include my area code.

Yours James

HP Recommended

@James2222

That is correct your fax number would include your area code.  If it's a local fax then the area code isn't required for faxes.  

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help.

Yours James

HP Recommended

I have a HP OFFicejet 4630 e-ALL-in-One Series nee heip.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.