Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Glad you found a fix.  It may be temporary as have all the other "fixes".  Please let us know in 90 days if the problem has stayed away from your printer.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

This fix did not work for me.  Thank you anyway

HP Recommended

Bill_3297  Is there a way to do this without the disk?  I do not have my disk any longer.

HP Recommended

Just as an FYI...this may not be an HP issue.  For me, it ended up being an Office 2010 Excel problem.

HP Recommended

Go to hp.com support and download the file.

HP Recommended

@michaelbeethove...if your response has to do with my asking for where to get a disk.  Downloading the file, would not work for the earlier suggested (page 6) steps.  But thank you.

HP Recommended

This fresh spreadsheet approach worked for me. Funny, nothing I did to the original spreadsheet (changing margins, headers and footers) seemed to help, only pasting the data and charts into the fresh sheet solved the 'extra page' issue. 

Thanks for the fix.

Pete

HP Recommended

I just set up an HP 8610 and have spent about four hours solving this problem.

Here is my successful fix:

Go to the HP support page for your printer, download and run the FIRMWARE UPDATE. 

It fixed the problem for me.

You'd think that someone at HP could have come up with instructions to do this.

AND the download to install your new hardware (something I always go to instead of installing from the disk that comes with the item because it will be the newest) does not apparently contain a check to see if the firmware is the most current. 

In that setup package it should be standard procedure to check and install the newest firmware. 

It was just something I thought of and tried. Honestly. They bought this for me at work. It wasn't my decision. I surely would have chosen an EPSON Workforce All-In-One. I have one at home and like it much more. 

HP Recommended

This did not solve the problem for my 8610. The problem was fixed after downloading and running the FIRMWARE update. ATTN HP: You can reimburse me for four hours of work now. 

HP Recommended

It looks like the new firmware update posted recently may fix the issue with the 8600 series.  Was really worried that those with the 8600's would be sore out of luck for a firmware update with the new 8610's coming out.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=bi-102210-5&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Haven't tested it yet but hoping Improve paper path performance listed means the issue has been resolved.  I'll have to wait till after shift to try it.  Hopefully it finally addresses this issue as annoyance and time spent putting blank pages back in the try really adds up and harms productivity in a busy office.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.