Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@mike78 wrote:

Mine does the same thing!! It prints each page fine but after the last page it pauses then slowly spits out another blank page!! It's driving me crazy!! It seems like the printer catches the next sheet after the last page and is spitting it out to clear up the rollers inside.

HP Recommended
Mine does it too running on a Mac. Same symptoms as others have listed except it does it after all print orders and it prints a numeral 2 at the top of the blank page. I've had this printer for several years and it has been excellent until it spontaneously began this extra page thing a cole of months back. Hp seems to have given up on this thread?
HP Recommended

HP has never addressed the Phantom Page issue on this forum.

Any "fixes" are temporary.

HP Recommended
Early on there was an hp engineer who showed some interest until it became apparent that it was an hp issue. Now they seem to have abandoned us.
HP Recommended

I will never call HP again for assistance. I, too will return to Cannon.

I called for assistance with the printer twice since I bought it. Both times I reached someone who sounded like they were in China. Both times they WANTED to 'fix' my computer for over $100 each time, appearing unconcerned with my real question. They were only interested in 'selling' services that I did not need.

I find equipment problems challenging but I continued to try to solve my own problem. I finally did and it was something so simple! It angered me that HP Help line could have, should have assisted me and did not.

All my equipment is HP but I will not replace anything else with HP.

HP Recommended

If you have a permanent fix the rest of us would like to know about it.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Thank you for posting this solution. I followed your instructions and it worked! I really like this printer, so when it started doing this "extra sheet" thing, I was not pleased!

Your solution took just a few minutes. Thank you!

HP Recommended
Would you please share the solution with the rest of us? If it works, we all would like to know.
HP Recommended

** I found problem with blank paper after each print job.  It was not in the settings.** 

I suggest start computer in safemode and run all antivirus softwares in FULL SCAN.

Ended up, a shared computer had a malicious Trojan called “Ransom.BNOGen”, in the AppData with a .dll extension.  Location/Name “AppData\LocalLow\xijccd.dll” It had disabled MS security and all other antivirus & antispy programs.  They’d appear to run and find nothing (I knew something was wrong when it took less time to scan each time).  Ran virus & spy scans in safemode.  Malwarebytes found and got rid of it.  SpyBot picked up extras.

I realized, a couple days later, my printer no longer spits out the extra paper.

Printer still does a “thinking jig” about 10 seconds after print job complete (which is when the extra paper would come out) but extra blank paper no longer comes out.

So, it wasn’t an HP hardware problem, or printer settings issue.   It was a Trojan virus.

Hope this helps someone else.

:generic:

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY

HP Recommended

@Screenname098 wrote:
Early on there was an hp engineer who showed some interest until it became apparent that it was an hp issue. Now they seem to have abandoned us.

I think it is always assumed we're all computer idiots, and the answers should always be simple, we're the dummies that don't know our own computers & programming and how to check our own settings. I've found this to be true with every company. Not just HP. If it's not on their flowchart of issues, "you did something wrong" & they can't help. These companies need to pony up a little extra money and hire people that actually know their trade, rather than just following along in a book.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.