Question

Honor Student
pa_tom
Message 1 of 5 (1,912 Views)
Accepted Solution

Why does my printer automatically go to send a fax when I just want to print?

Why does my printer automatically go to send a fax when I just want to print?

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 2 of 5 (1,909 Views)

Re: Why does my printer automatically go to send a fax when I just want to print?

Hi pa_tom,

In your printers folder on your computer, is the default printer set to your printer, or your printer- fax?

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
pa_tom
Message 3 of 5 (1,907 Views)

Re: Why does my printer automatically go to send a fax when I just want to print?

I'm not sure what it's set to. Where do I find my printers folder? Sorry, I'm not very good with this stuff. I changed my black cartridge this morning, now it just goes to fax when I try to print something.

Honor Student
pa_tom
Message 4 of 5 (1,904 Views)

I figured it out. Thank you!:  smileyhappy:

Honor Student
MicheleYCCF
Message 5 of 5 (1,784 Views)

I have designated the printer as my default.  It will print regular printing but when I attempt to print my checks (business) it jumps to wanting to fax.  Not sure what would be triggering it to go to faxing.  My edit report prints fine but my checks will not print.   HELP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation