Question

Honor Student
workdarnit
Message 1 of 6 (3,236 Views)

Why does my printer print out blank pages but the ink cartridges are full?

My printer sounds like it is printing but it spits out blank pages.  The ink cartridges are full. 

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 2 of 6 (3,218 Views)

Re: Why does my printer print out blank pages but the ink cartridges are full?

Hey workdarnit!

It could be for a few different reasons. Is this only happening when you print from ePrint or does it happen no matter where you print from? If it happens no matter where you print from, you may try looking up a print quality document on hp.com/support for your printer. Let me know what kind of printer it is and how you are trying to use it and I may be able to give you some more specific troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
t2345
Message 3 of 6 (2,150 Views)

Can you inform me how can access the location of the cartridges in a 7300 series print?

Student
Kricket77
Message 4 of 6 (1,260 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am trying to print from my PC - which is Windows Vista - the printer (HP Photosmart Premium 410) has always been wireless to this PC. Two months ago I had the same problem, which "fixed itself" within a few days.

I replaced the barely-used black cartridge with a brand new one last night and it still prints blank pages. I have restarted it, unplugged and restarted it, cleaned it, and the contacts, and tried to align it - but the "alignment" has failed on each attempt.

It will now - this aft print colours - but not black! Even though that is a NEW cartridge as of last evening.

HELP before this becomes a boat anchor! Thanks.

Student
shueey
Message 5 of 6 (1,222 Views)

Did you get an answer to your problem?  Im having same issues , my ink is full , and my alignment keeps failing.  My printer just spits out blank pages....

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 6 (1,172 Views)

Hi Shueey,

I see that you're having issues with your printer.  

What printer do you have?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation