HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-01-2012 05:54 PM - last edited on 07-09-2012 02:57 PM by ValerieG
I bought this printer in January this year and I've had issue with the ePrint service not staying enabled when the printer turned off. Because of this I'm expereincing the following issues.
1. Efax is not working correctly. I can send faxes, but I cant recieve them. Also whenever I press fax on the printer it asks me to enable ePrint.
2. I can't print from my phone and other remote location.
3. The printer sometimes shuts down on its own and never finishes the shut down process.
4. When I check efax.com I can see the faxes we've recieved, but I can't see that any faxes have been sent.
5. I can see that faxes that were sent on the printer, but I can't see that anything has been recieved.
The printer is working great as a normal printer, but I kind of what to use all the ePrint services.
Here is the details on the printer.
Product Name: HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One - C311a
Product Model Number: CQ877A
Firmware Version: VEP1CN1137CR
Total Page Count: 521
[Personal Information Removed]
05-02-2012 02:38 PM
I hope you are having a great and sorry to learn that you are having this issue;
Since I could not check what version of the laterst firmware, I hope you don't mind doing the following in your printer:
- On the upper left side of the HP product control panel, touch the Web Services icon ( ). The product control panel displays the Web Services screen.
- Touch Settings . The product control panel displays the Settings menu.
- Touch Product Updates .
- Touch Check for Product Updates Now .
- Wait for any updates to download and run.
If you using Win XP or later please run this tool to see if you get any errrors Click here
Is your printer on warranty? if you do not know you can use this tool; GO HERE.
Hope this helps and let me know if I can assist you any further I will do my best to provide you assistance;
05-04-2012 01:34 PM - edited 05-04-2012 01:36 PM
Did what you suggested. When I followed the steps the screen displayed that there are no software updates available for this product at this time.
I don't know if this will help, but I printed out a Printer Status report and to the right of the Firmware Version the following numbers were listed: (112820).
The FW Patch Version is at 0 right now.
07-02-2012 08:30 AM
Exact same issue: service on and working, then power cycle, and now I have to start from scratch including associating the printer with ePrintCenter.
07-07-2012 03:11 PM
Same issue. Go to Web Services, turn on ePrint. When I try to fax and select eFax on the home screen, it tells me that I have to turn on ePrint in order to continue. I select Enable and any inbound faxes are discarded because ePrint is not enabled. When I look in Web Services, sure enough ePrint is set to "Off." I set it back on, try eFax again, it tells me to enable ePrint, I do and when I look in Web Services, ePrint is set back to off again.
Can anyone (for example, HP) help with this?