Question

Student
PeterCooling
Message 1 of 5 (5,253 Views)

Wireless all-in-one printer that will scan to email standalone on a network

I am wanting a wireless all-in-one printer that will scan to email standalone on a network I.e. just the all-in-one & a router on the network. A PC can be put on the network temporarily for configuration purposes.

Also to be a HP ePrint model

Does anybody know of such a model ?

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 2 of 5 (5,248 Views)

Re: Wireless all-in-one printer that will scan to email standalone on a network

Hi,

Thank you for posting,

The HP Officejet pro 8600 PLUS n-911G supports scanning to email over the network. You can just connect the printer to the newtrok and configure the Outgoing mail server account settings and you would be able to scan to email.

http://shopping2.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Printers/HP-Officejet-Pro/CM750A;pgid=ZVhwCRA0n...

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Student
INFO-TEK
Message 3 of 5 (5,238 Views)

the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer - N911g does not appear to be available in the UK

is it the same as HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One ?

or the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Wireless Multifunctional Colour Printer ?

The model identification is confusion could you advise a list of all 8600 models available in the UK.

Also do you know of any other (samller / lower cost all-in-one) which will do what I require?

Thanks for your help - real appreciated.

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 4 of 5 (5,232 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for the reply,

There are 2 models available in HP Officejet Pro 8600 in UK.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer (CM749A)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer (CM750A)

We recommend you to purchase HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer (CM750A).

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Honor Student
szenttehen
Message 5 of 5 (3,966 Views)

I had this same quesion. The HP printers  such as the 8600 inkjets or the M276nw/M425nw color laserjets will do the trick, but they are all color printers. The color lasers are quite expensive at around $500.

Brother has some inexpensive laser B&W printers like the MFC7460dn which state they will  "scan to email server" without the need for a computer. I will be getting one soon. They start at $200, but they don't have AirPrint or Google Cloud Print. You have to move up to their MFC8510DN and above printers which start at $350 to get a richer web enabled printer like HPs.

Brother also has a bunch of inkjets will scan to email highlighted by this blogger: http://chrisgagne.com/942/scanning-from-a-brother-mfc-to-evernote/

I think Canon has some printer also but I don't know which models.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation