HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-29-2011 08:31 AM
I do not have an internet connection at my home and need to set up an ad hoc wireless connection from my ipad2 (3g wifi) to my new 6500e printer. Can anyone help me through the steps of doing so?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-29-2011 08:46 AM
As long as you have the Officejet 6500A Plus, which is the wireless model:
On the printer:
- Go to the Setup Menu.
- Go to the Network Menu.
- Restore the network defaults.
- Verify under wireless (inside the Network Menu) that the wireless radio is on.
On the iPad:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Under the WiFi section, join the HPE710XXXX network.
- Verify under the General section that Bluetooth is off.
- Try to print from the Photos app.
Post your results please.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
09-29-2011 09:09 AM
Thanks for the prompt response.
The one I purchased was not the Plus. I did not know there was a difference in the wireless connectivity beween the two. I thought it had to do with the duplexing feature. Looks like I need to exchange.