Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Ha!  Kudos to the guy that suggested checking the Wi-Fi settings on the iPad...I had forgotten to turn it on!  Instantly started doing air print as advertised...sometimes the simplest solution is best...Thanks much....  

HP Recommended

Having trouble getting Airprint to work after IOS8 and Yosemite upgrade.

My printer is connected to the wifi network, hosted by an Apple TimeCapsule (with

current version). I have several iphones and ipads andthe 8600 does not come up as a printer

on any of them. It just goes out to looking and doesnt seem to find the printer.

I'm runing the most current version of IOS8 and Yosemite on all my devices as

well as current version on Time Capsule.  I can print to the printer over a wired network

connection. The problem seems to start with the update to IOS8 and or Yosemite.

Given the router is an Apple TimeCapsule, I'm assuming that any of the trouble

shooting issues related to Bonjour are not necessary.

HP Recommended

@jaquade 

There are some steps in the link below which will hopefully help resolve issues with AirPrint after upgrading to iOS8...

http://www.iphonetopics.com/airprint-not-working-issue-ios8/

iOS8.jpg

Hope this helps

Ciara

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
HP Recommended

Changing the proxy to "auto" fixed the issue for me, I've been struggling with this issue with my Laserjet 200 Pro since I purchased it.   I have had the same problem on all my iOS devices (iPads, iPhones) and this fixed it on all of them.  Thank you!!!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. In my case it printer wasn't picking up the air print because of router problems. I was able to contact HP customer service and following their lead to just reset the router solved the problem for me. My proxy settings are still on off. 

HP Recommended

I have tried rebooting the printer and the router and the ipad still cant see the airprint printer. I have selected wi-fi on setings on ipad and selected the printer and it is asking for password. How do I either reset this password and how do I find the password?

HP Recommended

Worked for me - thanks

HP Recommended

worked for me - thanks

HP Recommended

according to this the OJ8600 is not supported by Apple

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311

HP Recommended

Tried to download the drivers for my Macbook Air in Apps...they can't find it.   Tried all of your other fixes and nothing is working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.