Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I downloaded the HP ePrint app for my ipad and cannot seem to setup aol. It times out when verifying. Can someone tell me how to set up. Seems also silly that is not a defaul auto setup choice like yahoo etc and HP makes you use OTHER for such a common domain.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Change to IMAP. Also change host name to imap.aol.com

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Please follow the instructions here in order and answer all questions in detail.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td...

HP Recommended
  • Problem Description - the choices to set up POP or IMAP do not contain and AOL choice. When using other, I was not sure what to fill in other than my screen name and PW. that is where I need help. For company I put 'aol.com' and left the port as the default
  • Printer Model - HP 8600 (airprint)
  • Operating System  (including service pack revision) First ipad (64M) 5.x OS
  • Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?- WIFI
  • Error messages - on printer screen and/or computer, any blinking light patterns.  - Tries to verify and says
HP Recommended

Any way you can help me out?

HP Recommended
I'm having the exact same problem b. ut can't seem to find your solution in the thread. Help
HP Recommended
You can't find a solution because no one has helped me out yet unfortunately.
HP Recommended
Change to IMAP. Also change host name to imap.aol.com
HP Recommended

Thank you, this worked for me.

HP Recommended
Verification with aol
HP Recommended

Hi Delboy06,

Are you seeking assistance or suggesting so another community member to get verification from AOL? If you would like assistance please provide me with a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.