Re: apps on HP 7525 (548 Views)
Honor Student
SupaRistopher
Message 151 of 166 (551 Views)

Re: apps on HP 7525

Confirmed update fixed issue. FINALLY. Can't believe it. 

Tutor
rarejuwel
Message 152 of 166 (548 Views)

Follow these steps to manually check for the latest firmware and product updates.
  1. On the printer control panel, touch the ePrint icon ( ).
  2. If Web Services is already enabled , continue to the next step.
  3. If the control panel displays a message that says Sign Up Required , touch Print Info . An information page prints. Follow the instructions on the page to enable Web Services, and then continue to the next step.
  4. Touch Settings . The Web Services Settings menu opens.
  5. Touch Product Update , and then touch Check Product Update .
  6. Wait while the printer checks for any available updates.
  7. If the printer does not find an update, the control panel returns to the home screen.
  8. If the printer does find an update, the update automatically installs. The printer might power off and then on depending on the update being installed.
  9. Optional : To set the printer to automatically check for product updates, return to the Product Update screen, touch Automatic Product Update , and then touch On .
Honor Student
bird4274
Message 153 of 166 (544 Views)

UPDATES!!

That is so strange, I just checked for updates about 2 hours ago and there wasn't any updates.  After your post I checked again and yes there is now an update.  Hopefully this fixes the Print Apps issue.  Will let you all know.

Honor Student
bird4274
Message 154 of 166 (536 Views)

It's working for me also after the update. Just printed my first Sudoku puzzle.
Tutor
rimwalker
Message 155 of 166 (518 Views)

This is rimwalker the HP retiree that started this thread.  I happened to be reading my mail when huskergma found the update.  I used the info from rarejuwel (thanks) to manually find and download it.  It did not download automatically.  Perhaps it only looks for updates on a fixed schedule.  So now the feature is working.  Yea.  Almost 3.5 months.  One has to wonder why it took so long.  But I have heard that one shouldn't  look a gift horse in the mouth.  Thanks HP.  rimwalk

Tutor
jcbehm
Message 156 of 166 (501 Views)

FINALLY!!!  I have been following and participating in the thread for 3 1/2 months.  Now what am I going to do???

Tutor
rimwalker
Message 157 of 166 (487 Views)

Rimwalker again.  I want to thank everyone who participated in this discussion over the past three plus months.  Early on the TH serial number issue was identified and then we kept the pressure on HP through our many contacts with support and complaint teams.  I should add that HP should have updated us in days or maybe weeks.  Three plus months was unacceptable.  HP are you listening?  rimwalker

Honor Student
CLatino68
Message 158 of 166 (476 Views)

Follow up from CLarino68, downloaded the firmware update and it fixed the issue for me!
Top Student
BananaSlug93
Message 159 of 166 (472 Views)

I was one of the people who returned the printer for a CN model. Funny thing is, is that I haven't used any of the apps since. I'm glad that they did fix the issue for everyone, though.

Honor Student
allertse
Message 160 of 166 (441 Views)

Well... I don't know what took you all so long?

This HP update to fix my new purchase was within 48 hrs. of purchase. heh.. ;-)

Seriously, thanks to all of you who posted and allowed HP to infringe on your time like that. I spent an additional hr. with HP tech svc. who "never heard of this?" 3.9.34. 159 posts and nearly 4K views, really?  I wanted to go all "Discount Tire return policy" with this printer, broken glass and all.

Costco's great, they might not have taken the product off their shelves with my 1 complaint / return however, if you all would have taken your printer back the the retailers immediately, well... ?

HP - I don't underestimate the complexity of the fix or the difficulty in finding the root cause however, this fourm's posting should be embarassing? Post the root cause and apologize to your customers?

I replaced my barely used but failed 6380 to save diagnostic time and to add cool features like e-print.... aargh..! Thanks for the many things you do right but please, reflect on this or your customers will choose the next industry leader?  

Happier now - I promised my wife bolting this printer on was going to be a slam dunk, "should be less than an hr." ugh. She loves me - she loves me not.

Thanks HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation