Question

Tutor
rimwalker
Message 1 of 166 (5,090 Views)
Accepted Solution

apps on HP 7525

Have a new HP7525 printer.  Most stuff is working.  W8.1  When taping an apps icon on the printer it says "Apps updating  please wait" then within a few seconds "cancelling".  As a result can't use apps.  Help

Honor Student
dclegal
Message 2 of 166 (5,058 Views)

Re: apps on HP 7525

You are not alone. Having the same trouble. Bought the printer yesterday at Sams.

Tutor
rimwalker
Message 3 of 166 (5,048 Views)

Thanks for the response.  I got mine from Sams too.  It is a lot of printer for the money.  Hopefully someone will have an answer for us.  rimwalker

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 4 of 166 (5,017 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi rimwalker and dclegal,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums.

To better assist both of you, would you please provide some further information:

1)            How is your Photosmart 7525 connected (USB cable, ethernet or wireless)?

2)            Is web services enabled on your printer?  The easiest way to check is to press the ePrint icon in the upper left hand corner of your printer's front panel.  Once you press it, if it prompts you to accept the terms of service then web services is not enabled.   Web services needs to  be enabled for apps to connect.  This is the icon you are looking for in the upper left corner of the front panel -->   

3)            Have you set a manual ip address for the printer and/or set manual DNS servers for the printer?

Thank you.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
rimwalker
Message 5 of 166 (5,009 Views)

Hi.  Here are my answers:  (1)  my 7525 is connected with the wireless.  (2.) Yes, web services have been enabled.  When I press the icon I get a screen titled "Web Services"  and then "Email: address to eprint"; Status: Connected; ePrint: On".  I assume this means the ws's are enabled.  (3.)  To the best of my knowledge I have not set manual IP or DNS server.  I do have a report that I printed that lists same but I have not done anything manual with them.

Additonal info - when trying to troubleshoot this myself I subscribed to Quick Forms and I just got a month planner and weekly calendar from the printer (no computer involvement). 

Thanks for you help.  Rimwalker

Intern
Huskergma
Message 6 of 166 (4,999 Views)

I purchased a HP7520 at Best Buy - same printer as the one at Sam's Club - I have enabled Web Services but still cannot access the apps.  I have the same issue as another on this in that when you push on the app it appears to go out to the web server but then it cancels.  Hope someone can help figure this problem out.  

Intern
Huskergma
Message 7 of 166 (4,998 Views)

[ Edited ]

In response to HappytoHelp01 from HP..........This answer does not solve the problem.  My printer says that the web server is enabled, but when I try to use the apps it ends up cancelling. I called HP early this morning and was on the telephone for over 30 minutes, they said a tech person would call me within the next 1-2 hours - well its been about 12 hours now and I'm still waiting for that telephone call.  

please advise

Update:  on 11/26/13

I contacted HP again - spoke with 3 different people.  The last person thinks it is a firmware issue and HP is working on it.

Honor Student
Yunghwa
Message 8 of 166 (4,983 Views)

I have the same issue with a new 7525 - selecting any app says "Apps Updating. Please Wait..." and then "Cancelling". Otherwise my connections to webservices are fine (including ePrinting and scan to email).

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 9 of 166 (4,939 Views)

Hi,

@rimwalker:  Thank you for your quick response earlier.  

For everyone on this thread:

I have consulted with HP's cloud Services on this and they asked what version of firmware is on your Photosmart 7520/7525? To check your firmware version please print a Status report from the front panel of your printer.  The steps are:

1. Press the wrench in the upper right corner on the front panel of your printer. 
  2. Please scroll through the options and choose "Tools"
  3. Please scroll through the options and choose "Printer Status Report".  The firmware version is listed in the Product Information Section and normally, is item number 7.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Intern
Huskergma
Message 10 of 166 (4,938 Views)

[ Edited ]

Firmware Version:  ELM1CN1320AR on HP-7520

I did some online checking on this firmware update and noticed that it was for Windows products - not Mac.

I am running an iMac with Maverick OS-x10.9  ---- anyone else running the same?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation