apps on HP 7525 (4606 Views)
Tutor
Goofiness
Message 161 of 166 (512 Views)

Re: apps on HP 7525

Way to go! Thanks. Mine now works, and as others have posted: "so what". I probably won't use the apps, especially if I can't figure out how to print only with black ink. Mine was already set for "automatic updates"; perhaps HP was going to roll it out over a couple days. Also, since I had registered my product, how come HP never sent out anything about this problem?
Honor Student
Susken
Message 162 of 166 (502 Views)

Yeah!!mine updated also!!
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 163 of 166 (421 Views)

Hi folks,

Can you check you have the Firmware auto update set to 'On'

Thanks, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Tutor
Napalm
Message 164 of 166 (410 Views)

About time, I will check this when I get home tonight from work.  I personally agree that HP should be embarassed that they continued to sell a defective product for 3+ months while they fixed an advertised feature.  I appreciate what other folks have done to get the compenstation from HP but honestly I feel like HP should just provide everyone with this issue some form of restitution for sticking with them and their flawed product.  I am very disappointed in HP as a whole right now and on an unrelated note I haven't been impressed with the laptop I ordered from them in the past either.  I sincerly doubt HP will get any future business from me when these products I own die or are retired.

Top Student
jsr813
Message 165 of 166 (400 Views)

[ Edited ]

To Goofiness, yea I think a lot of us feel that way that we'll probably hardly ever use them.

But the fact remains, the sales people sell the heck out that feature.  In some small way, I wish there was a way to disable them completely as they take up half the display.  Let's utilize that area a little better.

I do have a case open with a case manager, and I told them all along that the real reason I bought the printer was to print to it from my computer, which has always worked perfectly, so I felt like it was similar to buying a car and the radio didn't work and I had to wait for a replacement radio from the factory.  I could still use the car for the primary purpose.

You got to love the approach however.  What is the biggest money maker?  Ink refills.  So let's make it easier for people to use up ink on stuff they don't really need.  (ok, coupons are nice I guess). 

Tutor
callmerobbie
Message 166 of 166 (327 Views)

Congratulations everyone on this thread (and especially rim walker for starting it) on your perseverance. I had my printer set up for automatic updates however it did not update automatically. But when I selected Tools and product updates, it indicated that an update was available and I selected it. It worked! Good job everyone!! You guys rock!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation