Question
apps on HP 7525
Replies (165)

Tutor
jcbehm
Message 61 of 166 (1,019 Views)

Re: apps on HP 7525

Is anyone from HP monitoring these forums anymore?  It would be great to hear from them.

Honor Student
dclegal
Message 62 of 166 (1,001 Views)

I was the 2nd person to comment on this. Yesterday I finally went back to Sam's. Bought a China printer. Same as everyone else, it started off right and ran updates. The apps work fine. Sam's/HP need to pull all the "TH" serial numbered units. There's definitely a defect in them. When I returned the 1st one to Sam's and told the lady there's a documented problem with the ones from Thailand, she just gave me a look like I was nuts. Oh well - hopefully Sam's will catch on. They're such a huge buyer of HP products.
Tutor
rimwalker
Message 63 of 166 (975 Views)

This is rimwalker.  I started this thread seveal week back.  I agree, it would be nice to hear from HP.  I spoke to HP Cloud Services today.  Acknowledged they have been working on this problem for a month.  Only units with TH serial numbers are affected (something we knew).  Asked them when we could expect a fix.  Was told they have just been successful in reproducing the problem at their lab.  That was characterized as good news.  It is a firmware problem and we can expect an update "soon".  Possibly "one to two weeks".  I have a ticket number and a direct number to Cloud Services (1-855-785-2777).

I have a "call back" scheduled for 12-23.  They will call me.

My Sams had "cn" serial number units seveal days ago.  I have decided to wait for the fix.   rimwalker

Tutor
jcbehm
Message 64 of 166 (966 Views)

[ Edited ]

Kudos to you, rimwalker.  Thanks.  You give us all hope   :smileyhappy:  I would have exchanged mine if I could have found a Sam's in Southwestern PA that still had any.  So I guess I'll wait with you too.

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 65 of 166 (923 Views)

Hello All,

Just thought I would give you an update on this issue.

The HP team have been able to recreate the issue in the lab.  They are now working on determining the root cause of the issue to be able to roll out the fix.  There is currently no ETA on when this will occur. 

I will try to keep you up-to-date as I hear more information.

Thank you for everyone's continued patience. 

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
AL71B
Message 66 of 166 (898 Views)

I have taken delivery of my replacement 7520, sadly its another Thailand model.

I've not set it up yet, but I'll find out this evening whether this second TH model has the same problems as the first.

Rgds

Alan

Tutor
AL71B
Message 67 of 166 (881 Views)

Just an update.

As expected this printer behaves the same as the previous TH one, printer apps do not download to the printer.

Honor Student
hoosierrabbit
Message 68 of 166 (867 Views)

i don't know what you mean accept as a solution.i don't have a solution yet??? i what HP TO SEND ME A PRINTER THAT WORKS THAT WILL SOLVE MY PROBLEM!!!

Tutor
rimwalker
Message 69 of 166 (810 Views)

This is Rimwalker.  I got my "call back" today.  Unfortunately nothing new to report.  Have "found issue" and "working on it".   Still expect to issue a software update which will fix it.  Am leaving for two months in Arizona.  Will continue to follow this situation by reading this thread.  Rimwalker

Top Student
BananaSlug93
Message 70 of 166 (799 Views)

So, I was back at Costco just trolling around the computer section. HP rep was actually there and asks me if I need help. I then asked him if he was aware of the printer issue with the 7520. He said he wasn't, but assured me that all the printers there in stock would work just fine. I then said, "That's funny, because I just bought one of these less than 2 weeks ago and it had problems." He then says, "Oh...I'm sure HP is aware of the situation, but I will let them know."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation