Question
apps on HP 7525
Replies (165)

Student
FutuistSage
Message 71 of 166 (1,201 Views)

Re: apps on HP 7525

[ Edited ]

I realize that it's only been 4 days since the last post but has there been any update on a fix?

Don't know if it's related or not but in addition to this issue my printer also seems to lose it's internet connection every few minutes, has to be disconnected/reconnected to fix it even though it's connected to the router just fine.

Tutor
PrintUser1234
Message 72 of 166 (1,183 Views)

Glad to find my exact issue here, but too bad it's not fixed yet. Mine is a Thailand unit as well.

Glad they have supposedly been able to repeat it, as that should allow them to find a solution.
I did try manually setting ip and DNS servers and it didn't help. I also tried removing web services and adding back. Another try was resetting to factory defaults; again to no avail.

I am likely going to try to wait a bit for the eventual update that should fix it. The apps were one of the reasons that I picked this printer. If they haven't fixed it in the next month, I may return it while I still have the option.
I am happy that the other features all seem to work, except for the apps themselves.
But you can still print from the apps via the hpconnected site; it's only the latest sample that can be printed. (Only tried some coloring book pages.)

Other features I like: the scan to computer, as my printer is not located next to the computer. Also printing from and scanning to iPhones (via app) is nice as well!
Tutor
Jgill07
Message 73 of 166 (1,173 Views)

PrintUser1234, completely off subject of the forum but what app do you use for the scan to iphone? Is it an app that you downloaded on your phone or an app on the printer? Thanks!
Tutor
Napalm
Message 74 of 166 (1,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
I too am having the same issue with a TH model and have talked to cloud support have a callback scheduled etc. I am a little ticked off that an issue that has been known for over a month is still not resolved. I work in IT and understand change mgmt/regression testing takes time, but explain to me why the faulty products were not removed from the market? My wife got this as a gift and is more patient than I am as she wants to wait for a fix. Hopefully HP does well by the customers waiting for this firmware update. I will be holding on to my receipt in the meantime.
Honor Student
dancejo
Message 75 of 166 (1,060 Views)

I also have a7520, with the ELM1CN1320AR firmware and the serial # begins with TH (apparantely Thailand manuf). My printer came from Office Depot. Having the exact issues as everyone else!!  Where is HP when you need them???? When will ther be a fix for this problem??!!!!   TOO many UNHAPPY Customers, this needs to be corrected NOW!  You took our money instantly, so we should have our products fixed the same, INSTANTLY!!!!! Always had HP, would never change, may have to rethink!

Tutor
PrintUser1234
Message 76 of 166 (992 Views)

Jgill07, the iPhone app is by hp. Something like hp eAiO Remote. You still have to be in wifi range to print/scan from it.
Honor Student
EddieT
Message 77 of 166 (890 Views)

I bought a Photosmart 7525 on Dec 31st 2013 at Costco, hooked it up on Jan 1st 2014 and found the same issue everyone is having with the apps not working (try and cancelled).  My model was a Thailand model, so I went to check if they had a China model, and like others on the forum, I found that they only had 2: one box was beat up, and the other was re-taped.  I decided to get the beat up box and it ended up being fine.  After I got home it worked right out the box.  I returned the Thailand model once I confirmed it worked.

I much appreciate the feedback from the reviewers who confirmed this.  Figured since they all have the same firmware, but the China models work whereas the Thailand models didn't, must not be something easily fixable by firmware, but hope for the sake of everyone else, that they come back soon with a fix.

Thank you again to the users who confirmed the China model worked.

Top Student
NatsD
Message 78 of 166 (863 Views)

I have this exact same problem with a HP Photosmart 7520 purchased today (3/1/14). The model has a serial number beginning TH. Has anyone got any solution to this yet other than sending the printer back which I really don't want to have to do. Any help appreciated, thanks

Top Student
NatsD
Message 79 of 166 (861 Views)

Regarding the problems that everyone seems to be experienceing with this printer and apps, it seems pretty unimpressive that HP doesn't seem to be keeping this forum updated with progress on fixing the problem. Is anyone aware of anywhere else on the web where HP are providing a status update / progress towards a solution? Thanks.

Honor Student
EddieT
Message 80 of 166 (845 Views)

Hi NatsD,

An HP Rep did reply and say they replicated the issue and are working to fix it.  I believe HP has a holiday shutdown at ththis time, so you might see a fix in early January.  If you didn't buy online, I'd recommend you go check to see if they have a China model available as everyone including myself have had good luck with them.  If you got it online, I'm sure HP will come back next week with an answer or feedback.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation