Question
apps on HP 7525
Replies (165)

Top Student
NatsD
Message 81 of 166 (1,211 Views)

Re: apps on HP 7525

Hi EddieT, appreciate the update and letting me know the HP rep feedback. I scanned the forum posts but there is quite a lot there. I bought online and don't need the 'apps' functionality urgently so I'll wait. I hope that this is something that they can fix with a software update rather than a hardware error that requires the return of the printer - it doesn't seem that it's been confirmed that a firmware patch will fix this yet, I guess we'll wait and see. Glad you got a working model!

Honor Student
EddieT
Message 82 of 166 (1,196 Views)

NatsD, yeah the apps for this model leave a lot to be desired, they all seem to be just automated prints from websites which I won't end up using. The forms app looks cool, allows you to print graph paper, lined paper, etc. There are other apps like Google Docs and Receipt Scan that would be really cool, but they're not supported by this printer :smileysad: .

I returned the Thialand model and got the China version just in case it ends up being hardware related, in which case fixing it becomes a lot more difficult.
Tutor
Napalm
Message 83 of 166 (1,188 Views)

For what it is worth HP just called me for my followup.  They said (as others here have) the root cause is identified and they are looking to push a firmware update.  They are recommending enabling auto update on the printer to get it easily.  However, they still have no timeframe for the patch.  I asked for another callback next week (hold their feet to the fire IMHO).  I also asked are you guaranteeing me a fix or should I take back my printer since ours is brand new.  They said there will be a fix the issue is definitely software and related to the printer connecting to their web servers for apps.  That seems consistent with the issue in my opinion.  There could be a minor hardware difference in TH vs CH printers for all we know (similar part that fulfills the same purpose but more easily available in those countries for instance).  I would bargain that is what is going on and the software didn't account for it (just a theory).  Hang in there folks.

Tutor
jcbehm
Message 84 of 166 (1,170 Views)

Napalm,

Thanks for the update.  Great to hear that it is most likely software.   If it were hardware related,  I'd hate to have to send my brand new printer back and possibly get a refurb model.

Top Student
NatsD
Message 85 of 166 (1,147 Views)

EddieT, Napalm, thanks for the info. It's a relief to hear that it's likely software based. I remember the days when if a printer could print the ASCII set then it was working - no issues with apps not downloading. They were a lot less complicated (but a lot slower, noisier and not nearly as good :smileyhappy:

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 86 of 166 (1,058 Views)

Hello All,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been in touch with Cloud Services today to see if there has been any updates. 

The only update I have, is that the issue is being worked on and that they are working towards a resolution for everyone.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
jcbehm
Message 87 of 166 (1,028 Views)

Thanks for the update.

Student
DBMC
Message 88 of 166 (877 Views)

HP when are you going to fix this issue or rebate every Costco and Sams Club customer for a defective printer?

I have been dealing with this since November and it is somewhat less frustrating to know that you know it is a problem, but we want to know if you ever plan on creating a remedy for it. 

Costco and Sams Club should be tired of dealing with the returns on this unit.   Why don't you pull them from the shelf until you figure this out? 

Tutor
Kalifornian
Message 89 of 166 (872 Views)

Just got a call from Cloud Services. Software update release date is early March, 2014.
Top Student
jsr813
Message 90 of 166 (832 Views)

Early March?  Seriously?  You can't put out a beta for those who are complaining now?

Wow.   Just Wow.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation