Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It actually has already been marked as solved (got marked as solved before the server issue occured) but thank you!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

Have finally been able to check for updates (of which there were none) and register for eprint. Thanks for the resolution but still somewhat disappointed with the timeframe and lack of info when initially trying to update. i don't know how hard it may be but perhaps a less generic error message (giving an indication of the source of the problem) would have saved me and many others hours of frustration trying many different settings which were never going to work.

HP Recommended

Yeah i definitely understand your frustration Richie500. I'm glad you got it working and I do apologize for the timeframe it took to resolve that is the longest i have ever seen anything take to resolve with ePrint. As for better error messages, I will pass it along but the error message it was actually getting on the back end probably wouldn't have been much additional help.

Once again, glad it is working for everyone!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
HP Recommended

HP has fixed the software problem, try again!  I had the same issues, the software fix was posted today and my printer is finally able to connect.  No more endless loop  regarding the update (or lack therof).  I had the pleasure of dealing with a HP rep who was candid and acknowledged there was a software problem.  He also gave me the heads up  once the fix was in place.  Rare indeed in this day  age.

HP Recommended

Tried this morning and is able to connect now. Thanks for your dedication to this forum, Dave. I should have checked this forum out before wasting my time with online technicians. They were clueless about the problem with eprint server and very poor at diagnosing problems. They need to be better trained at listening what their customers have to tell them instead of generalising.

HP Recommended

Glad to hear it's been fixed.    Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm away from home this week, won't be able to get myself set up until the weekend.

HP Recommended

Finally... It worked for me too!

Thank you very much for your Help in letting us know what was happening Dave:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

No problem! Sorry I couldn't have let you know the news quicker!

HP Recommended

I get a cannot connect to network error on a CM1415fn. I have configured the network settings manually. I saw the comments about DNS settings, but can't find anywhere to try those. What else can prevent it connecting to the network?

HP Recommended

Hey mjc992!

What kind of network setup do you have? Is this a home network or a company network? If it is a company, it is a somewhat larger company that may have a strict firewall installed? I ask because that very well may be the problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.