cannot air print with my officejet 6500a (1475 Views)
Top Student
delyth01
Message 1 of 3 (1,475 Views)

cannot air print with my officejet 6500a

I cannot set up my Officejet 6500a to air print ( it worked once) or to get it to show any details about it being wireless

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 2 of 3 (1,457 Views)

Re: cannot air print with my officejet 6500a

Hello delyth01,

When trying to airprint, does your iPad/iPhone detect the 6500A on the network? If so then you may try clearing the print queue on the device by double-tapping the home button, selecting the PrintCenter app, cancelling any print jobs that may be listed and holding up the print queue on the device.

If the iOS device does not recognize the printer, I would try these steps:

First, unplug the printers power cord while it is still on. Leave it unplugged and walk to the router. While the router is still on, unplug the power cord from the router, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, then reconnect the power cord to the router. Once plugged back in the router should power on automatically. Now go back to the printer and plug its power cord back in. Once plugged back in the printer should power on automatically.

I would also power the iPad/iPhone off and back on again to reset it as well and try your print job again.

Let me know if you still have issues after performing these steps.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Top Student
delyth01
Message 3 of 3 (1,454 Views)

Re: cannot air print with my officejet 6500a

Yes it does work(shows printer and prints) it has done this before when i had shut everything down and re boot it stays on for some time and then not there again. I will try again in the morning, thanks for your time. On the wirless paper work it mentions showing Wireless on the set up of the printer my Officejet 6500A does not show a wirless set up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation