deskjet 3052a ePrint Problems (316 Views)
Top Student
BlamefulToaster
Message 1 of 11 (316 Views)

deskjet 3052a ePrint Problems

Hello

I am trying to get ePrint to work with my printer. I am connected to my home network wirelessly, and can print. But I can not ePrint. On the printers screen it says not connected to network, but it is. I went on my computer to access my router and my router can see it and interact with it no problem. But it still wont ePrint. 

Grad Student
aneeshnair
Message 2 of 11 (300 Views)

Re: deskjet 3052a ePrint Problems

Hello

I think there is few issues in connecting wirelessly...please follow the steps given below in the link and check if the set up is correctly done and resolve the issue

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02754298&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&ju...

Regards
Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a"SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Top Student
BlamefulToaster
Message 3 of 11 (290 Views)

I will try this soultion tonight and post my result tomorrow. Thanks. 

Top Student
BlamefulToaster
Message 4 of 11 (283 Views)

I tried the solution provided. And that did not work, the printer is on the same network as my computer. I dont use a proxy server to connect to the internet. 

When i first got this printer it automatically had eprint setup and then one day i went to use it and it didnt work, and hasnt since. I never changed any settings. It just stopped working. 

I printed the network configuration page adn everything looks normal, except the Primary and Secondary DNS Server numbers are 0.0.0.0. How do i fix this problem, because that might be the problem. 

Grad Student
aneeshnair
Message 5 of 11 (270 Views)

hi

Please go ahead and Change your preferred DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and your alternate to 8.8.4.4. if this doesnt work... please Remove the static IP and assign a DHCP address.  Once you obtain the address, try to connect to ePrint.  See if that helps.

Let me know if that works for you

Regards
Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Top Student
BlamefulToaster
Message 6 of 11 (248 Views)

I dont know how to change the DNS sever the printer tries. Any help?

Grad Student
aneeshnair
Message 7 of 11 (218 Views)

Hi

You can go ahead and try the steps given below:

TCP/IP defines the language that your computer uses to communicate with other computers. We recommend using automated Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to automatically assign Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to the computers on your network, if your network supports it. If you use DHCP, then you don't have to change your settings if you move your computer to another location, and DHCP doesn't require you to manually configure settings such as Domain Name System (DNS) and Windows Internet Name Service (WINS).

1.Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.

2.Right-click the connection that you want to change, and then click Properties.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3.Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click either Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click Properties.

4.To specify IPv4 IP address settings, do one of the following:

•To obtain IP settings automatically, click Obtain an IP address automatically, and then click OK.

•To specify an IP address, click Use the following IP address, and then, in the IP address, Subnet mask, and Default gateway boxes, type the IP address settings.

5.To specify IPv6 IP address settings, do one of the following:

•To obtain IP settings automatically, click Obtain an IPv6 address automatically, and then click OK.

•To specify an IP address, click Use the following IPv6 address, and then, in the IPv6 address, Subnet prefix length, and Default gateway boxes, type the IP address settings.

6.To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:

•To obtain a DNS server address automatically, click Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then click OK.

•To specify a DNS server address, click Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.

7.To change DNS, WINS, and IP settings, click Advanced.

Regards
Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Top Student
BlamefulToaster
Message 8 of 11 (201 Views)

I tried changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and alter 8.8.4.4. It seemed to slow my internet connection, and still didnt fix my e-print problems. Any other ideas?

Top Student
BlamefulToaster
Message 9 of 11 (172 Views)

HP Support left?

Still no answer to my last post? Thanks HP support for not helping me fix my problem. 

Im still have the eprint issue where it says its not connected and when I go online on the eprint website and login it, there is an option to fix it, and click that and it doesnt work. It tells me to contact my system admin. 

What should i try now?

Grad Student
aneeshnair
Message 10 of 11 (163 Views)

Re: HP Support left?

Sorry for the delay in replying...

Actually when you try to change the DNS ( its one of the naming system of the computers) Server address and restart you should be able to connect to the internet as i see you have mentioend that the internet gets slow...

You can try to change the DNS server address and restart the printer and try connecting... mean while i will check for other steps that i can give you and send it across.....

• Go to Control Panel. Select Network and Internet and then Network and Sharing Center. Click on the option for Change adapter settings.
  • Right click onto the network adapter that you use, either the wired adapter if you connect to the Internet using an Ethernet cable, or the wireless adapter if you use a wireless connection to the Internet. Select the Propertiesoption.
  • Go into the IPv4 properties, click onto Advanced and select the DNStab.
  • Select Use the following DNS server addresses.
  • Enter 8.8.8.8 as the first DNS server address and 8.8.4.4 for the second.
  • Click OK to close out of these open windows and then restart your computer.

Regards

Aneesh

I Represent HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation