does anyone know how to get ip address of HP OFFICEJET 8500A PLUS from a macbook pro? (2858 Views)
Honor Student
iridiumco
Message 1 of 4 (2,858 Views)

does anyone know how to get ip address of HP OFFICEJET 8500A PLUS from a macbook pro?

i need to set it up on my iphone n ipad.

Teacher
jandsbob
Message 2 of 4 (2,856 Views)

Re: does anyone know how to get ip address of HP OFFICEJET 8500A PLUS from a macbook pro?

If you are near the printer you can just print off a network config page from the front menu.

ORRRR

http://oit.nd.edu/print_scan_copy/xerox/confirm_mac_printer_settings.shtml

Honor Student
iridiumco
Message 3 of 4 (2,853 Views)

Re: does anyone know how to get ip address of HP OFFICEJET 8500A PLUS from a macbook pro?

Thanks!
i will try print printer config. 

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 4 of 4 (2,819 Views)

Hi iridiumco,

As long as your iPhone and iPad have an iOS of 4.2.1 or higher and is on the same network as the printer, there should not be anything to setup on the devices. The printer may want to install an update after enabling web services from the front panel. 

iOS devices with an updated iOS version come AirPrint ready.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation