Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I noticed that the same image e-mailed to my hpeprint.com e-mail address appeared more washed-out than that image printed from the HP ePrint mobile app (Android) on my phone.

Does e-mailing the image to hpeprint.com reduce it's quality in any way?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi natey2,

Emailing an image to the printer using HP ePrint should not reduce the quality of the image.  Was the exact same image sent through both methods to print from the same phone?

Was the emailed image sent as part of the message or as an attachment?

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

Same image.

E-mailed via an aol.com account from my Android phone using K-9 Mail. JPG image was sent as an attachment.

If you send me a link to a good hi-resolution test image I could use, I'll retry.

HP Recommended

Here's a link.  Click Here  You could try one of these.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

OK, I can successfully replicate the problem now.
6Mpixel photo from my phone's camera; jpeg file size is 2 - 2.5MB

If I email this file to my printer at hpeprint.com, it will look washed-out.
Best print quality is to launch the HP ePrint mobile app, bring up the gallery of photos, and select the pic from that gallery for an outstanding printout, compared to e-mailing that same image.

Edit:

Both the mobile app-printed photo and the e-mailed photo get printed on the top left corner of the page, but the e-mailed photo is rotated 180 degrees (i.e. upside-down).

Hint: Is the rotation process messing the photo?

HP Recommended

I did some more research into the quality issue.  As you mentioned, by using the app, quality options can be selected.  When the print job goes through the ePrint servers, there is a default setting that does not allow for individual adjustment.

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
HP Recommended

It would be a travesty if people e-mail photographs to their hpeprint.com email address, and get poor quality prints.
They will think it is a bad HP printer.
The HP help page for the HP eprint service should highlight this issue (i.e. use the mobile app for better quality photo prints, using just the default settings).
Just my $0.02...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.