HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-26-2012 10:35 AM
I hope you are having a great day and sorry to learn that you are having this issue.
Please read this post GO HERE and update your post accordingly.
I will do my best to assist you.
04-28-2012 02:09 PM
SORRY, BETTER INFO NOW. HP printer, deskjet 3050A eprinter, HP netwowrk config page says offline and status disconnected. was working fine until last week, just stopped, although print pages seemed to be saved for when it will will print. I have an I-Mac , and ipad2, ipad will not recognize printer either. Did the unplug and plug in again no luck. Printer is on, wireless light flashing
04-30-2012 11:19 AM
Hi there romary;
Ok I wil recomend that you take the following steps first;
This is the manual of your printer in case you need it now or later. CLICK HERE
After that do this;
Set an Static IP address and Google public DNS SERVER for your pinter
This address will not change over time and your computer might have an easier time recognizing the HP product after long periods of printer inactivity.
- Refer to the network configuration page or the wireless network test report that you printed in Step one, and locate the IP address of the HP product. To print one follow this. Press the Wireless button to display the Wireless Menu.>From the Wireless Menu, select Print Reports. >From the Print Reports menu select
- Open a new Internet browser window, and type the IP address of the HP product in the browser's address bar, and then press Enter . A web page displays, showing the internal settings of the HP product.
- Click the Networking tab, click the Wireless tab, and then click the IPv4 tab. (Your menu path might be slightly different, depending on your HP product model.) A new settings page displays.
- On the page that displays, make the following changes:
- Set a Manual IP : Your wireless router automatically sets an IP address within a specific range (called the DHCP range). If you know what the DHCP range is, set an IP address in which the last set of numbers is outside that range, but no higher than 254. Keep the first three sets of numbers the same.
- Set subnet address : Use 255.255.255.0, (unless you know that it is different, in which case you should use that number).
- Set the DNS server to the DNS to Google's public DNS server, which are 188.8.131.52 and the 2nd Alternate DNS to 184.108.40.206
Let me know if this helps I will do my best to assist you.
Hope this helps;