Question

Grad Student
wade1027
Message 1 of 3 (547 Views)
Accepted Solution

eFax already register, unable to connect to the internet.

[ Edited ]

After tapping on the eFax print app, you receive error message "Unable to connect to the internet,  please enable web services or login eFax app".

Steps below are ONLY if your eFax app had been previously setup.  You may be experiencing a syncing issue as the the eFax print app requires HP Web Services to connect to server.

Note: eFax print app is ONLY available preinstalled on select HP printers.

1. Press the web services icon in the upper left hand corner of your printer.  

webservices.PNG

During the brief moment the printer say loading its actually re-syncing with the ePrint server to load the current ePrinter's email address.     You should be able to tap Home button, then tap eFax print app to see previously registered eFax number.     

2012-07-13 18.53.27.jpg

NOTE: ePrint service: OFF will cause the same error message because ePrint is required in order to connect to the internet.

Tap Settings.

2012-07-13 18.53.46.jpg

Tap ePrint, then ON to enable ePrint service feature.

2012-07-13 18.54.25.jpg

Try tapping Home button, then tap eFax print app to see previously registered eFax number.  

Note: If that does not work, selecting Print Report within the web services menu above forces the printer to reconnect to the ePrint server and automatically resync with eFax server.

2.  If the above steps don't resolve the "unable to connect to internet" error message, you may need to adjust the printer's network settings.   See post below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/unable-to-connect-to-internet-through-...

I am an HP employee.
PhD Student
Brandon1
Message 2 of 3 (514 Views)

Re: eFax already register, unable to connect to the internet.

This is great information !

If I helped you at all it would be great if you clicked the blue kudos star!

If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.

I'm a printer tech with HP.

Grad Student
wade1027
Message 3 of 3 (485 Views)

Re: eFax already register, unable to connect to the internet.

Thanks!

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation