Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am having tons of issues with a brandnew 7510 printer and connecting to webservices. Not sure why. I have no problem printing through my network from a PC. Any help would be appreciated from HP.

HP Recommended

Hi alstairs,

I'm an end user with an HP Pavillion dm4 Win 7 SP1 and bought an HP 5510a ePrinter. I don't know the difference, I just got an alert about your plight. You can search my username for the last comments on the problems I had for about two months after I bought the printer. I have to say that HP was doing alot of work on the support phone calls for about two weeks so don't hesitate (like I did) by trying to fix it yourself and waste time - call them and they will help you.

Since you don't articulate "issues" I can only give you the solution for me which was:

• I ran *many virus checkers, bot checkers, worm checkers and everything else I could find on the web until I found the culprit which I think was a trojan. Anyway it took about two days with all the resets and lengthy scans that go with it but it just started working beautifully and still does to this moment.

The symptoms were just plain flakeyness in that even though the IP settings were fine and the drivers were installed (fine I think after rehashing the events) it wouldn't print dependably no matter what. But the apps on the printer, like scheduled jobs programed on the keypad, worked perfectly right on schedule. If the printer was on and the blue wifi lite was steady, and it was on the correct LAN which had a gateway to the internet, it printed like clockwork. But I couldn't send a job to it from this laptop. For details, please see my previous posts.

Other things to check:

• Make sure the printer is on the same LAN as the computer sending it jobs. I tried to use the hotel wifi for my pc work because of it's speed and the printer on my mobile hotspot since the printer can't negotiate browser-based authentication, etc.
  • When you have the printer and the computer on the same LAN and the IP settings are correct then follow the instructions and WITHOUT plugging in the USB cable the drivers should install fine, from what I remember.

Write if you get work. Good luck!

Paul

HP Recommended
I would start by setting a static DNS on the embedded web server (EWS). Here is a link to another post where another Photosmart was having a similar issue : http://goo.gl/0zH0x. There it will list the steps to take to set up the static DNS. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply Paul. Let me clarify, the issue is around web services, and trying to connect to the server for enabling these applications. I keep getting an error that indicates the printer could not connect to the server. i can print no problem on the printer.

HP Recommended

thanks, I will try this.

HP Recommended

Shirlzz1: Thanks so much, that solved the issue. Your answer was straight to the problem. Thanks again from saving me tonnes of time on this, I greatly appreciate the help.

Al

HP Recommended
Not a problem! I like to try and help out in the community whenever I can! Happy printing alstairs!
HP Recommended

@Shirlzz1 wrote:
I would start by setting a static DNS on the embedded web server (EWS). Here is a link to another post where another Photosmart was having a similar issue : http://goo.gl/0zH0x. There it will list the steps to take to set up the static DNS. I hope that this helps.

Hi

At last after 6 months something that works, I have now been able to set up eprint

Paul

HP Recommended
Thanks Paul! I am always happy to help and I am glad that it is now working for you. Happy Printing!
HP Recommended

Hi Shirtzz1

I would if I could find a button to allow me to do so!

regards

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.