Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

P1102WPrinter that is connected to a dLink router and can be printed to from a laptop on the network.

I can browse to the settings page and get to the Web Services page.

When I click ENABLE it always says check your connection.

The printer has no wire, so I cannot use a shorter wire. The printer is Wi-Fi only and does

show Eprint enable button and the box says it can do Eprint.

After the simple/basic try I moved on to give the printer a fixed IP address outside the range of

the DHCP pool on the router. After that failed we left the fixed ip and then used fixed

public DNS like 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 . This also failed.

We of course did spend time updating firmware before trying all this.

My conclusions are that Eprint is just an epic failure. It needs to be easier.

I tried registering myself and the printers serial number thinking it had to be registered for HP print

services to work with it, but this produced no results. If the Enable button does not produce a code

you do not get to Eprint at all.

I have exhausted many, many hours on this brand new P1102W and really have no more time for this garbage.

Can anyone at all say that they got Eprint to work with a P1102W ?? If so what are you using at home.

DSL or cable or FIOS ? router brand, Even though should not matter - what PC OS ? Win or Mac ?

Sure wish this was easier.

HP Recommended

It took a few uninstall/reinstalls before I got it to work. I had WPA2, mixed mode, g, set a static IP, and checked my upload speed by going to www.speedtest.net to make sure it was greater than 1. Ensure you are not on a guest network and there was rumor this could be associated with the firmware but I am not certain of that (based on forum posts).

If you continue to have problems, you can contact 1-855-785-2777 to contact the HP Cloud Services dept for more assistance if you live in the US/North America.  Good luck!  I hope this helps.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Hi

Hope someone can help.

i have the officejet 4620, connected wirelessly to BT homehub 3.  it prints and i can connect to it ok but i keep getting unable to connect to internet error.

the printer shows on the hpconnected website (as offline)

i have tried to set manual IP settings and DNS but i keep getting a invalid input error

i have read through the help forums and troubleshoot guides trying what it says but still unable to connect to internet error, so means my eprint doesn work

HP Recommended

Try restoring network settings on the printer and then set it back up again on the wireless network if you can. I hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi VisionAiry

yeah thanks, i restored printer, unstalled from computer and then re-installed and all is looking good, thanks

Regards

HP Recommended

Very good! Glad to hear that worked!

Happy ePrinting!

😄

HP Recommended

Okay...this printer (Envy 5531) is on my nerves. I orginally had to set via usb, because the installation instructions kept saying to connect the usb cable. The laptop and printer were new to me at the time. Now I want it to be totally wireless. After following HP Print and scan doctor instructions,  I finally got the laptop and printer talking wirelessly however, I notice that in my HP Connected account, under devices It says that my printer has a problem and to go to the front panel for help. The front panel of my printer doesn't detect anything wrong.  In printer properties from my laptop, I can print a test page with the eprint driver. So I am confused on why HP Connected is saying something is wrong. Any ideas? I did notice though, that with HP Print and Scan Doctor application it says ePrint is connected with USB.  How do I correct that? My Laptop is running Windows 8.1 , 64bit

HP Recommended

I would say ignore the "problem with printer' status on HP Connected because almost all printers say that although nothing is wrong with it.  As far as adding a wireless device on 8.1, I do not know where the HP Folder went to that you can find under All Programs in Windows 7.  You may be able to double-click on the printer icon in your devices and printers folder which will open the printer's screen and possibly give you options to add a wireless device there.  

Can you scan?  If you can scan, send an ePrint email to the printer, and no issues with printing wirelessly then this, to me, is just a fluke in the software and would be reluctant to change anything if it is working.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.