Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

One option that may help out is using Googles DNS servers instead of your router as the dns server.

Follow the same steps listed for manual dns, but put 8.8.8.8 as the primary dns server, and 8.8.4.4 as the secondary. This seems to resolve a lot of issues.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

dont change ANYTHING on your end ... this seems to happen more frequently than I would like, it is always at their end. Of course theres never any posting as to "network issues" or news of problems, yet wait a day and it works again.

What a great feature - a printer that works when it wants to. Im going back to my good old USB cable.

HP Recommended

I've had the same problems connecting my OfficeJet Pro 8600 to ePrint/Apps. I've tried many troubleshooting steps with no success. In the end, I tried updating my ASUS router's (RT-N56U) firmware (although it was updated 3 months ago) and the printer finally manage to connect and I was able to configure my ePrint/Apps. So, before you blame HP, try that!

HP Recommended
I guess from the lack of HP staff replies here that this is a "venting" forum rather than a "support" forum. LOL...there is no printer status display on HP Eprint Center as described in the intro message here. My Eprint worked 3 times then failed consistently although the status emails suggested everything went through just fine.

Sorry, HP, but you get a failing grade whenever I blog my HP experiences.

HP Recommended

TO HP: SHAME, SHAME, SHAME

This ePrint function DOES NOT WORK. Your helpdesk is useless. The HP employees posting information are useless. The product does not work. Everyone here is saying the same thing.

I have un-installed, reinstalled, upgraded firmware, stood on my head. What do you suggest now. Praying?

Never again will I be conned into buying a product from HP (and that's coming from someone who only ever bought HP printers).

SHAME.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much!

Your solution worked well!!!

HP Recommended

printer options says No Airprint printers found

was working two days ago

HP Recommended

I have mulitipal wireless access points and I found that if I set up the printer and my wireless devices to the same SSID all my connection problems went away.

HP Recommended

I am trying to enable web services for the first time- my printer is showing that it's connected to my network, and has no connectivity issues, and I have tried enabling web services from my computer and from the printer, and it just says that there's a "server connection error" from the printer, and that web services "are not enabled" from the computer. What suggestions do you have for enabling web services?

HP Recommended

I think the main problem with the connectivity is simply HP does not have enough hardware at their end to be able to deal with the requests.. I tried connecting last night when pretty much all of US and part of Europe was awake - no way it would connect.. Tried again first thing this morning when US was sleep and it was too early for most of Europe - connected fine first thing..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.