Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you!!!!!! After trying everything else, the Google DNS worked!!!!  Yay!!

OfficeJet 6600

HP Recommended

I'm another user dissatisfied with HP print apps. No matter what I tried I didn't get them to work on my Photosmart 5515.

I reset factory defaults and web services several times plus I also set up a manual IP and Google's DNS as suggested.

So far nothing. Other than that printing over email and AirPrint via my iPhone work nice, so I guess I'll resort to using the machine as a simple printer/scanner. At least, it's good in that.

HP Recommended

Hi yourstruly,

I'm sorry to tell you that it looks like the Photosmart 5515 does not support apps unless is considered part of the 5510 series.

See: Cloud Services Supported Printers (ePrint, Airprint, Print Apps, Mobile Apps, etc.) 

If you think it is part of the 5510 series, create a new post on this Forum and ask about that.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hello

HP Recommended

Sure it is part of the 5510 series, model name is 5510d because of the added duplexing. It's just called 5515 for easier differentiating at the store, I guess.

And it promises suport for apps right on the box 🙂 I even don't have the default one(s) that are supposed to come pre-installed.

HP Recommended

It seems like something might not have gone on there right at the factory. I would try giving tech support a call as it may need to be replaced.

Jon-W
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I know you shouldn't have to do this, but have you tried adding specific Apps to it at eprintcenter.com?

(Create an account there if you haven't already, add your printer to your accuont using the printer code that printed out when you reset Web Services, then go to the Apps page and do Add to Printer.)

If that doesn't work, you definitely need to contact Customer Support as the last person suggested.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Everything's fine now. The other day I changed the ISP and the router at home and voila! Once I setup the printer with the new router and my ePrintcenter was full of apps. So in the end, it seems it was some sort of a networking issue. It's strange, since print over email and all other features worked just fine before.

Anyway, happy app browsing.

HP Recommended

OK, I have today bought a new Photosmart 6510 all-in-one (UK), everything has set up OK except for e-print. The wifi connection is fine (strength 5), the config page says network status ready, I have a URL/IP address which I can ping, I have scanned some images (so I know the wireless link works).

I have reset the printer, rest to factory defaults, rebooted it, rebooted the router, rebooted the computer, tried to connect with my firewall & antivirus (zonealarm) turned off and whatever I try I still get

"Server Connection Error - the printer was unable to connect to the server. Check the internet connection and try again, or use a proxy server"

So I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated

Paul

HP Recommended
I am having the same problems, all works fine except accessing the apps. keep saying "the printer was unable to connect to the server, etc"

It is showing it is connected to my airport router and even printed out a test and all Passed.

Very frustrating. HP dont seem to help at all. Been searching for ages on how to, to no avail.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.