Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Same problems Paul. Let me know if you get it sorted. Seems a very common problem, yet no one at HP can give a direct solution.
HP Recommended

@Adam555 wrote:
Same problems Paul. Let me know if you get it sorted. Seems a very common problem, yet no one at HP can give a direct solution.

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Ok fine. Any help on the issue then?
HP Recommended

And HP encourage you to use the forums rather than support...

Paul

HP Recommended

Problem sorted. And not from HP staff, unfortunately.

HP Recommended

Any clues as to how to do it?

HP Recommended

Yes indeed. Sorry, I should have posted the solution. Was kinda busy.

Anyway, here it is.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Photosmart-6510-quot-the-printer-was-un...

HP Recommended

Why can i not get my Password sent to my email

Log on and write pass word  invalid pass word

forgotten pass word send to email {Personal Information Removed}

and keeps saying enter email

my email is regestered with eprint but invalid pass word keeps comming up

HP Recommended

@Adam555 wrote:

Yes indeed. Sorry, I should have posted the solution. Was kinda busy.

Anyway, here it is.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Photosmart-6510-quot-the-printer-was-un...

07-10-2012 07:45 AM

Let's set a static IP address and external DNS for the printer:

- Print a Network Config Page from the front of the printer. Note the printer's IP address.

done - 192.168.0.8

- Type that IP address into a browser to reveal the printer's internal settings

done

- Choose the Networking tab, then Wireless along the left side, then the IPv4 tab.

There’s no Ipv4 tab, but there’s a network address tab

- On this screen you want to set a Manual IP. You need to set an IP address outside the range that the router automatically sets (called the DHCP range). Yours is 10.0.1.2 to .200.  Let's use 10.0.1.220 for your printer.

I’ve used both 192.168.0.240 and 10.0.1.220

- Use 255.255.255.0 for the subnet (unless you know it is different, if so, use that)

done

- Enter your router's IP (on the Network Config Page) for the gateway.

done

- Enter 8.8.8.8 for the first DNS and 8.8.4.4 for the second DNS. This is Google DNS. You can choose another external DNS if you wish.

done
- Click 'Apply'.

done - this message appears after a while

Printer is processing your request.

Caution: Network communication between the printer and network might be lost after saving your new settings. If you are not able to access to EWS, refresh the browser or access the EWS with the new network settings e.g. new IP address.

Click "OK" to go back.

Nothing actually appears to happen. I get a small box on the screen with a red cross in it which I assume should say something. No idea whether it has finished or not, but the manual IP address was there next time.

Now, shut down the router and printer, start the router, wait, then start the printer.

Done

After this you may need to redo 'Add a Printer' using the new IP address.

Did not need to, internet connection fine on both PC and printer - but guess what - IT STILL WON’T CONNECT TO THE SERVER. Why am I not surprised. This is obviously a “service” that HP do not want me to use. It also killed my wireless connection so I had to do a factory default reset again and set up from scratch

HP Recommended

CAN NOT CONNECT TO EPRINT..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.