Question
ePrint - Not Connected error
Replies (479)

Tutor
RogerDF
Message 271 of 480 (6,460 Views)

Re: ePrint - Not Connected error

For what it's worth, I bought the printer JUST for the ePrint function.  If that function fails, the printer goes back to the store.

My mother is very old (99) and can no longer handle a computer and email client.  All she ever did anyway was open up the client and print off the emails so she could read them.  The ePrint is an ideal solution for her.  I am hanging in there hoping that they can get this working by Christmas so I can put her back in contact with her grandchildren.

Being 55 myself, I find it a little surreal that young people can't or won't use traditional mail but they just don't do it.  The best way to get her 7 grandchildren to communicate is by email.  She really needs this to work.

As I have stated before, the elderly market is huge and HP is on the verge of opening up something big here.  Especially if they add the ability to send to an email address via scanner.  Then my mother could write a note or(more often for her) cut out a newspaper item and write in the margins, scan it and have it sent via email.  It would be paper based email.  For her and others of her generation, it could be perfect.

Honor Student
RickyT
Message 272 of 480 (6,444 Views)

I am having mega problems again second time now with my 14 day old photosmart B110 was connected for several days then lost connection and  couldnt get it to connect at all..tried all of the suggestions on here nothing would work only way I managed to get it to connect in the end was on the printer in websettings disable it!!! then re enable it to get a new emailaddress and it connected instantly!!! something not right here somewhere come on hp sort this out either serverside of firmware issues done a google for this problem  loads and loads of hits of people not happy... not happy returning it tomorrow..

Tutor
barefootrunner
Message 273 of 480 (6,424 Views)

Greetings all,

The server team has found and fixed a bug in the latest release that affects connectivity. If you're having problems please unregister your product (from the Web Services menu, select "Remove Web Services"), then register again (from the Web Services menu, select "Enable Web Services).

After reregistering, I have been very successful using both ePrint and the Print Apps using my HP LaserJet CM1415. It has been staying connected, and promptly printing jobs I send to it. It has also been reconnecting after I powercycle. I sincerely hope you have the same experience.

We infinitely appreciate your patience and support while we work through these issues. There is a feedback link here I would suggest using:

http://h30495.www3.hp.com/feedback

I will be sending your feedback about communication up the chain, as well. Ensuring that customers' experiences with our new web-connected printers are positive is absolutely one of HP's top priorities.

Intern
KevID
Message 274 of 480 (6,414 Views)

barefootrunner great info thanks. Per your steps, I am now Connected and ePrint is working. Will follow up later.

HP Photosmart B210 e
Intern
Bateman500
Message 275 of 480 (6,383 Views)

[ Edited ]

Mixed results:  I had to do a full wifi and network powerdown to get it to work though.  By taking the following steps on my HP 8500A, I was able to get ePrint working:

On the printer display under settings:

1. Go to "Web Services Setup"

2. Scroll down to "Restore Factory Settings"

3. Go to Network -> Wireless -> Wireless Radio (select off)

4. Power down the machine, and then turn it back on.

5. Re-enable your wifi settings. (You may need to re-enter your wifi network password.) 

6. Go to "Web Services Setup"

7. Select "Printer Email Address"  The printer will assign you a new email address for your printer.

8. Follow the instrucitons on the paper that prints out.

The good news: Airprint from my iPad and iPhone appears to work much better now.

The :smileymad: news: For a few wonderful moments, ePrint was playing nice as well.  I sent five print jobs from three different email address and they all printed in quick order.  Then suddenly, it quit working.  The eprint website has the yellow banner telling me that the servier is having issues. 

eprint.png

Intern
PDADoc
Message 276 of 480 (6,368 Views)

Well, I'm back in the saddle again!!!

After following the instructions here, I removed the ePrint services, re-enabled it, power cycled my printer, added it to my ePrint Center account, and BAM!  It printed every job I sent to it IMMEDIATELY!

So far, I've printed ten jobs with various attachments (.pdf, Office 2010 Word, Excel & PowerPoint docs) from my BlackBerry Torch and my iPhone 4 through AirPrint with no problem whatsoever.  And in each case, they all printed right away.

Nice job, HP!

The PDADoc!
Intern
PDADoc
Message 277 of 480 (6,367 Views)

UPDATE:

After fifteen more print jobs of varying degrees (I know, a waste of ink, but I might as well put it through its paces!), some from e-mails, others blank with file attachments to print, I'm happy to say that it's all good with me now!  Not a single blip, not one!!!  ePrint is taking everything I throw at it without a problem!

The PDADoc!
Intern
Bateman500
Message 278 of 480 (6,359 Views)

Turning my wifi off and back on again on the printer allowed the jobs to go through again.  

Hopefully, it will stay connected now. I'll update later. 

Tutor
Morac
Message 279 of 480 (6,347 Views)

[ Edited ]

Unregistering and re-registering worked and I'm now showing as connected.  Though aftering doing that and updating my ePrint settings, the ePrintCenter web site never loads.   It just sits in loading forever.

Edit:  The ePrintCenter web site appears to be down or broken.  I can't connect to it at all, it eventually times out with a 504 gateway error.

Top Student
Bkk35
Message 280 of 480 (6,339 Views)

I have the 8500A plus and have had problems staying conected to the cloud from day one. In the last two weeks I've managed to stay connected for about 4 days at a time without turning the radio signal on/off. Before I could only stay connected for about an hour! After the upates no connection no mater what. Now I'm connected after messing with the radio signal again. I called Hp to ask if the connectivity issue is fixed. They act like I'm the only one with printer problems and I need to check all my settings. Or let them take control of my desktop so they can. It's not a printer issue it the eprint web site why can't you get that Hp. If it wasn't fir the firmware uptate that enabled AirPrint this thing would be on it way back to the store. I had a perfectly good printer but spent $300.00 for a new one JUST FOR EPRINT. As Eveyone else says just let us no the progress don't ignore the issue. And FYI a yellow banner that says "oops our server has a problem and we have logged it" that doesn't cut it. Also maybe email your customer service Reps. and tell them what's going on so we don't spend hours trouble shooting our printers when it's your server not our printers. And it would be nice if when I call customer service I don't have to speak with someone with such a heavy accent that I need to say what ever few sentences!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation