Question

Student
realistdreamer
Message 1 of 3 (884 Views)

ePrint Service - Network Printers - iPad and other devices

The ePrint service is great so far.  Email it and it prints message and attachments.  Great.

Supported clients include outlook, gmail, yahoo mail, etc.

Is there any way to get this same functionality from an iPad without having to send an email.

• Airprint requires you be within wifi range = No
  • Other iOS print apps require PC be on = No.  No direct connection to printer like ePrint
  • HP ePrint iOS app seems to work only with "public printers" = Maybe.  Can my ePrint printer be a "public printer"

Is there an option that uses a client on iOS that sends print jobs to the HP service, but doesn't require you to email the print job and instead just select your content???

Inquiring minds want to know and figure out if such as app is in the works if not out already.

PhD Student
Dave_K
Message 2 of 3 (653 Views)

Re: ePrint Service - Network Printers - iPad and other devices

Hey realistdreamer!

At this time HP does not have any apps that allow the functionality you are talking about. The only thing I may be able to suggest which wouldn't be quite what you're looking for is Google Cloud Print which should work with your ePrint email address.

What it allows you to do is print directly from gmail.com to your e-print printer without having to send an email. (Does not work with the mail app at this time)

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Student
rtomahawk
Message 3 of 3 (414 Views)

Re: ePrint Service - Network Printers - iPad and other devices

Can I use my HP email printer as a network shared printer?

If so, users would have to be give the  email address of the  printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation