Question

Tutor
DirkPitt1993
Message 1 of 7 (727 Views)
Accepted Solution

ePrint awful print quality

I'm using the HP ePrint app for Android on Asus TF300T with

HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw

and, even with "high quality" option set, I'm not able to print a decent PDF. Here's the quality difference between ePrint app (on the left) and the same file printed trough Google Cloud Print (on the right) with the same device. The paper on the left is barely readable...thank's for any help!IMG_20130928_150656.JPG

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 2 of 7 (683 Views)

Re: ePrint awful print quality

Hi DirkPitt1993. Definitely a disparity in blackness, however to me it look like it is printing with entirely different fonts. This tells me the PDF file is editable text. What font does the PDF actually use?

One method to avoid font conversion issues, is to convert the PDF to images.

Here is a Wikihow with a few ways to convert the PDF to images:

http://www.wikihow.com/Convert-PDF-to-Image-Files

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
DirkPitt1993
Message 3 of 7 (670 Views)

Thank you very much for answering, I tried as you suggested to convert the PDF into JPG via Zamzar.com, but image quality hasn't changed at all. I've also tried to print through Polaris office with a different font but it was useless, I don't think is a font problem and it doesn't depend on the file I try to print...

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 4 of 7 (655 Views)

Hey DirkPitt1993. Would it be possible to upload it to a dropbox account or something and let me take a look at the original PDF?

I think the font change is happening at the server level with the PDF, which is why Google Cloud print results are different than ePrint results. The image conversion tool may have other issues at this point, so lets focus on the original.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Tutor
DirkPitt1993
Message 5 of 7 (644 Views)

Here's were I got the file, although the problem happens even if I create a .docx file (no matter what the font is) through Polaris office and try to print it directly, without converting it to PDF

http://mcc.ca/wp-content/uploads/Exams-suggested-reference-books.pdf

HP Support Agent
TwoPointOh
Message 6 of 7 (642 Views)

Hi DirkPitt1993. I tried to identify the font in the document, and didn't really come up with an definitive answer. I saved it as an image (as you did) and used a few online font recognition sites to no avail.

The short answer is, that if Google Cloud is printing this specific document better then perhaps use it. If you would like, test another text based document by making a brand new docx/doc file using Times New Roman and try printing through the Eprint app and let me know if the quality is better than with the previous PDF file in question.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

Tutor
DirkPitt1993
Message 7 of 7 (612 Views)

Problem solved with the latest update released yesterday, now works great!

Thanks a lot for all the help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation