Question

Honor Student
kpepin
Message 1 of 12 (9,193 Views)

ePrint from iPhone

I have been able to ePrint from my MacBook Pro with no issues. When I try to ePrint from my iPhone, I get this error message:

Your message was rejected by email-lb-cpg.austin.hp.com for the following reason:

5.7.1 Command rejected

Any ideas? Thanks.

Teacher
ePrintlady
Message 2 of 12 (9,179 Views)

Re: ePrint from iPhone

I had a similar issue with my iPhone4; is your SMTP properly configured?  Mine was the culprit with my issues.  Check that emails are sending properly.  Also - what client are you using (gmail, hotmail, etc)?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Honor Student
kpepin
Message 3 of 12 (9,175 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the SMTP server on my phone is configured properly. I've had the phone for a long time and never have a problem sending email anywhere.

I tried ePrinting both a photo and simple text from the phone, but got the same "command rejected" message from the HP server. FYI, the iPhone is a 3GS and the printer is a D110.

I am using MacMail on both the iPhone and laptop. ePrint works like a charm from my laptop. I've sent photos, simple text and Word files with no problems. It's pretty cool! I appreciate any ideas you may have. Would it be some kind of compatibility issue with the HP print server?

Teacher
ePrintlady
Message 4 of 12 (9,142 Views)

Great info about your setup and experience; can you try enabling an authorized users list with this address and send an ePrint job?  I use my iPhone with ePrint all the time (Macmail, gmail, etc) and it works well - it's likely a security or config issue.  In the meantime, I'll check to see if there are other settings to change to enable iPhone functionality with ePrint. 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Student
MIDeafA
Message 5 of 12 (8,874 Views)

Hi, I can print from my iPhone when I am home, but not when I am away from home!

I understand we are supposed be able to print from any where. When away the message

I get is printer not found!

Thanks for any input, Richie . . .

Grad Student
windrunner123
Message 6 of 12 (8,793 Views)

HI MIDeafA,

How did you get the message Printer Not found? Is this from the ePrintCenter?

When you email the print job to the printer when you are away from home, was the email job received by the server successfully?

Thank you.

I am an HP employee

**** Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" ****
Honor Student
Scott_L
Message 7 of 12 (8,556 Views)

MIDeafA,

I think you are referring to HP iPrint.  That will only work when you are at home and connected to your wireless network.  ePrint requires that you e-mail to an e-mail address that is set up during install of the ePrint compatible printer. I will say one really cool feature of the iPrint for the iPhone / iPad is the ability to scan using the phone and having the scanned image saved on the phone. 

Scott

Honor Student
Pader
Message 8 of 12 (6,958 Views)

When sending an email to HP eprint; I receive the return email rejected with the following:

email-lb-cpg.austin.hp.com for the following reason:

5.7.1 Command rejected

I can send emails and print from Ipad, wife Iphone, my Laptop but NOT my iphone???!!!

Both iphones use Shaw email service.

Have shut-off printer and iphone but still get error email from HP

Why only this iphone

HELP

Student
cpete1127
Message 9 of 12 (6,703 Views)

how do you print from your iphone using eprint?

Tutor
MikeJRuff
Message 10 of 12 (6,645 Views)

Hello

If you are sending the email with a HTML format then this will happen you will have to send the email as a plain text email.

Regards Mike

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation