Question

Honor Student
JPrintWorld
Message 1 of 6 (1,318 Views)
Accepted Solution

eStorage on OfficeJet Pro 8500A?

I would like to add eStorage -- Google Docs!! -- on my OfficeJet Pro 8500A. There is a comment in the app description that it is available for the 8500A, but when I try to add it, I see "not available for this printer". I also see a couple of notes from OfficeJet 6500A users who would like to add it. When will it be available for these printers? Is there a trick to install it on the 8500A? Could it be that it works on the "regular" 8500A but not on my 8500A Plus with the larger display?

Thanks!

Grad Student
windrunner123
Message 2 of 6 (1,302 Views)

Re: eStorage on OfficeJet Pro 8500A?

HI JPrintWorld,

eStorage - Google Docs is available for both Officejet 6500A and Officejet Pro 8500A.

It is very simple to install this application. You would need to login to ePrintCenter to add the app.

Just to check, have you perform the Product Upgrade to update your firmware?

I am an HP employee

**** Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" ****
Intern
Bateman500
Message 3 of 6 (1,292 Views)

JPrintWorld,

I was given the ability to install the app once I upgraded my firmware, whereas the printer center originally told me I could add the app.  I have the base 8500A with the smaller display screen. 

Honor Student
JPrintWorld
Message 4 of 6 (1,205 Views)

I just tried it again and still cannot see the eStorage app on the 8500A Premium. I have firmware version LRP1FN1048PR and when I check for updates the printer says none are available.

When I go to ePrintCenter to look for new apps on my OJ Pro 8500A Premium printer I get the following messge: "Oops! Something just went wrong on our server! We've logged the problem and will fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience." This has been happening all day.

A also have a OfficeJet 7500 and have no trouble seeing Apps available for that printer.

To try to get eStorage onto my OJ Pro 8500A, I look at Apps for the 7500A in ePrintCenter, select eStorage, then click the tab for the 8500A. At that time the button changes to say "X Not available for this printer".

This leads me to believe it is still not available for the 8500A Premium, only for the 8500A base model.

Please help me get this useful app on my printer...

Grad Student
windrunner123
Message 5 of 6 (1,144 Views)

Hi JPrintWorld,

Could you please do a Restore Factory Settings for the Web Service? This will change the printer email address.

Go to Setup >> Web Services Setup >>  Restore Factory Settings.

Then press on the Apps button again to register and generate a new printer code and eprint address.

Do let us know if this works for you.

Thank you.

I am an HP employee

**** Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution" ****
Honor Student
JPrintWorld
Message 6 of 6 (1,045 Views)

The reset worked to add the app on my 8500A printers. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation