Question

Top Student
free_thinker027
Message 1 of 11 (2,194 Views)

eprint problems

I have an Ipad2 and installed the eprint app. According to HP website, my HP Officejet 4500 G510 All in One Printer, supports this app for printing wirelessly from my home wifi network.

When I go to find my printer in the network, it doesn't show up. When I try to manually ad it, no printers come up.

So, I set up an account with the eprint center. Then it asked me for the printer code. My question is this: how do I enable web services for this printer so that I can print from my Ipad? I don't see an eprint icon/button on my printer.

Does this mean that I won't be able to eprint?

I appreciate any feedback on resolution to this matter.

Thanks

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 2 of 11 (2,188 Views)

Re: eprint problems

Hello free_thinker027,

Unfortunately the OfficeJet 4500 printer was released prior to the introduction of ePrint and Web Services and does not have the ability to print a code for ePrint registration on http://www.eprintcenter.com. 

I do not know what ePrint app you have but make sure you have the HP ePrint home & biz app. This is the only one I am aware of that may work for the OfficeJet 4500 printer. 

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Top Student
free_thinker027
Message 3 of 11 (2,156 Views)

Hello D_P_George,

Yes, I do have the home and biz app. There seems to be a problem with the set up. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Maybe I need to have my kids figure it out!

Kudos for just responding so gosh darn fast.

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 4 of 11 (2,133 Views)

Hello free_thinker027,

The only other suggestion that may work for you is not actually sponsored by HP but Google rather. Its called Google cloud print and you can find out more information on how to setup and use this feature at:

http://support.google.com/cloudprint/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1686197

Hope this helps!

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Student
headcoach4life
Message 5 of 11 (2,055 Views)

eprint issues. I was informed that the best app for printing from my ipad and iphone would be the eprint home and biz for the HP 4500 Desk Jet. I cannot get it to work at all. The instal is impossible to follow. Anyone ever get this to work?

Top Student
free_thinker027
Message 6 of 11 (2,006 Views)

Thank you. I will try this and see if it works. I will report back with my findings soon.

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 7 of 11 (1,965 Views)

Hello heachcoach4life,

From my experience, I do not believe the DeskJet 4500 is supported by the HP ePrint home & biz app. You may want to look into alternative cloud printing options such as Google Cloud Print. More information on how to set this up can be found at:

http://support.google.com/cloudprint/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1686197

Hope this helps.

Top Student
free_thinker027
Message 8 of 11 (1,957 Views)

Is there a way around installing google chrome? I don't use it as my browser and it takes a lot of space. I use firefox.

If this is the only known solution, I will just contact the app developer re: how to email the contents to myself for printing.

FT

Grad Student
D_P_George
Message 9 of 11 (1,949 Views)

Hello FT,

The only way google cloud print will work is if you have Chrome downloaded as the browser since this is Google browser and works best with gmail.

If you are having issues with the home and biz app locating your printer on the network then it may be something in your router settings that is blocking devices from seeing each other. You may need to call your router manufacturer or ISP to check these settings.

Honor Student
drmrfrk03
Message 10 of 11 (1,827 Views)

Please correct info on

http://www.hp.com/global/us/en/eprint/officejet-pr​inters.html

which refers to FEATURED | Officejet printers with HP ePrint   "View Full Lineup"

View Full lineup points to

http://www.hp.com/united-states/campaigns/officeje​t/?jumpid=re_r11400_us/en/hho/IPG/eprinthub:smileysurprised:fficej...

I just wasted 2 hours trying to find out how to print out the web services code only to find that this doesn't exist. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation