Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I need to print from my samsung galaxy tab to a hp printer. Is there an app I can download? Where can I find it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use these setups:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.print&hl=en
photo only ?:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/smart-phones-handhelds-calculators/mobile-apps/app_details.html?ap...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

126 REPLIES 126
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please use these setups:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.print&hl=en
photo only ?:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/smart-phones-handhelds-calculators/mobile-apps/app_details.html?ap...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Will the HP eprint app work with a HP inkjet that is connected by USB to a desktop that is on a wireless network through a router?

HP Recommended
Can the HP eprint link you provided for the app be used with a HP inkjet printer that is on a wireless in home network, but it is hooked to a desktop computer via USB? The desktop is also linked via USB to the router for the wireless network.
HP Recommended
@MaryAnnPt Do you have the printer on your wireless network? What type of printer do you have?
HP Recommended

As I said in my post, my desktop computer is on the wireless network.  A HP printer is connected via USB to the desktop computer.  I can print to this printer remotely from my laptops that are on the wireless network.  I wanted to know if the Galaxy can also, somehow, be made to print to that same printer or do I have to have a wireless printer?  Do I have to have a Samsung printer?

HP Recommended

What type of printer do you have?  This will let me know what options are available.

HP Recommended

HP InkJet Printer Model#F4480

HP Recommended

@MaryAnnPT The printer model that you have listed will not work.  I am including a link to supported printers. 

HP Recommended
I'm still not sure this will work in the application I am using. It is a medical records software called Home Care Home Base. There are attachments in each patient's medical record. If I tap and hold it will download for viewing, but is not stored on the device and cannot be saved to the device or the patient's medical record. If I tap on the menu button on the device when I am viewing one of these attachments, one of the tiles says print. If I tap on that it acts as if it is printing, counting down the pages. But then it pops up with a message saying you can only print to a Samsung printer (it is a Samsung Galaxy Tab from Verizon). If I tap on OK, it looks for a printer, but cannot find one of course. I can also tap on file and email the attachment, but once the email is received the attachment cannot be opened. It cannot be decoded. I don't understand how this eprinting or cloud printing works. It sounds like you have to be able to email the document. Since I cannot email it, will this work or not? I can't get Samsung to respond as to whether buying one of their printers will work either. I don't want to purchase more equipment if it won't work. Any ideas? Any way for me to confirm if something will work before I make a purchase?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.