Question

Tutor
riette
Message 1 of 127 (240,696 Views)
Accepted Solution

how can i print from my samsung galaxy tab to my hp printer

I need to print from my samsung galaxy tab to a hp printer. Is there an app I can download? Where can I find it?
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 127 (240,691 Views)

Re: how can i print from my samsung galaxy tab to my hp printer

Hi,

Please use these setups:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.android.print&hl=en
photo only ?:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/smart-phones-handhelds-calculators/mobile-apps/app_details.html?ap...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
MaryAnnPT
Message 3 of 127 (237,941 Views)

Will the HP eprint app work with a HP inkjet that is connected by USB to a desktop that is on a wireless network through a router?

Tutor
MaryAnnPT
Message 4 of 127 (237,938 Views)

Can the HP eprint link you provided for the app be used with a HP inkjet printer that is on a wireless in home network, but it is hooked to a desktop computer via USB? The desktop is also linked via USB to the router for the wireless network.
Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 5 of 127 (237,698 Views)

how can i print from my samsung galaxy tab to my hp printer

@MaryAnnPt Do you have the printer on your wireless network? What type of printer do you have?
Tutor
MaryAnnPT
Message 6 of 127 (237,581 Views)

As I said in my post, my desktop computer is on the wireless network.  A HP printer is connected via USB to the desktop computer.  I can print to this printer remotely from my laptops that are on the wireless network.  I wanted to know if the Galaxy can also, somehow, be made to print to that same printer or do I have to have a wireless printer?  Do I have to have a Samsung printer?

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 7 of 127 (237,551 Views)

What type of printer do you have?  This will let me know what options are available.

Tutor
MaryAnnPT
Message 8 of 127 (237,520 Views)

HP InkJet Printer Model#F4480

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 9 of 127 (237,447 Views)

@MaryAnnPT The printer model that you have listed will not work.  I am including a link to supported printers. 

Tutor
MaryAnnPT
Message 10 of 127 (235,426 Views)

I'm still not sure this will work in the application I am using. It is a medical records software called Home Care Home Base. There are attachments in each patient's medical record. If I tap and hold it will download for viewing, but is not stored on the device and cannot be saved to the device or the patient's medical record. If I tap on the menu button on the device when I am viewing one of these attachments, one of the tiles says print. If I tap on that it acts as if it is printing, counting down the pages. But then it pops up with a message saying you can only print to a Samsung printer (it is a Samsung Galaxy Tab from Verizon). If I tap on OK, it looks for a printer, but cannot find one of course. I can also tap on file and email the attachment, but once the email is received the attachment cannot be opened. It cannot be decoded. I don't understand how this eprinting or cloud printing works. It sounds like you have to be able to email the document. Since I cannot email it, will this work or not? I can't get Samsung to respond as to whether buying one of their printers will work either. I don't want to purchase more equipment if it won't work. Any ideas? Any way for me to confirm if something will work before I make a purchase?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation