Question

Student
Tandi
Message 1 of 7 (29,505 Views)

how do i find out the ip address of my printer so i can print from my cell phone

My phone asks for an IP address in order to print. How do I find the IP address?

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (29,499 Views)

Re: how do i find out the ip address of my printer so i can print from my cell phone

Hi,

Please try this:

http://www.topwebhosts.org/tools/find-network-printer-ip.php

I've tested #4 and it actually works.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
lisahtaylor
Message 3 of 7 (16,340 Views)

what is the printer location?

my computer says it won't connect with my printer. is it because the location isn't listed in the settings? Is the location the IP address?

Student
aliciajackson53
Message 4 of 7 (15,944 Views)

Re: how do i find out the ip address of my printer so i can print from my cell phone

[ Edited ]

Can you text me ip address for my printer my email {Personal Information Removed}

Honor Student
ASargeant
Message 5 of 7 (13,251 Views)

Re: how do i find out the ip address of my printer so i can print from my cell phone?

Provost
WyreNut
Message 6 of 7 (13,233 Views)

Folks, unless you tell us which HP printer you own, we can't offer accurate replies!!!

Some printers have the option to print out the network details it knows, including the IP address.

If you know a thing or two about routers, it helps to assign your printer a "Static IP" that never changes.  Some routers call it a "Reservation".  This way, the printer never strays from the same IP address, and can be found easily by print programs (like ePrint).

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Student
SHinton
Message 7 of 7 (2,566 Views)

I need to know the IP address for my printer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation