Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When i try to print with my ipad via airprinter I get a message "No AirPrinter Printers Found"  I have a HP officejet 6500 Wireless,  what do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Gynmom,

I see that you're having problems printing from your iPad to your printer.  I would try the steps below.

1.  Unplug printer and router for  one minute.

2.  Power down your iPad.

3.  Plug router back up.

4.  Wait another minute plug printer back up.

5.  Turn iPad back on.

6.  Attempt to print again.

Let me know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Hello,

Try following the instructions here.

If that does not help, let me know and I will see what I can do.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
How do I print fro iPad to wireless hp office jet 6500
HP Recommended

I can't print from my iPad 2 either, my HP OfficeJet 6500 E710n-z  is wireless enabled but it is connected to my BT Infinity Router (BT Hub 3.0 Media Gateway) via an ethernet cable.  This disables all it's wireless functions.

I'm running Windows 7 32bit.

Can anyone help?

thanks

HP Recommended

As long as the printer and iPad are on the same network you're okay.  It's okay if the printer is connected via Ethernet and the iPad is connected via wireless on the same network.  You will need to make sure that your router supports the Bonjure service required for AirPrint and that you wireless isolation disabled.  

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

thanks Shane_R

I've emailed BT to find out about Bonjure, and also Apple to see how to disable "wireless islolation".  I'll just have to wait for some responses,  unless someone on here can advise me how. 😉

HP Recommended
Im having same problems, nor can i receive or send fax, the link was helpful but im still hvn probs, this printer has bn gvn me hell since i got it, n the cd was missing, n hp is no help once they gt yur momey
HP Recommended
Are you using the E709 model or the E710 model of Officejet 6500?

Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they?

Signature
HP Recommended
I hv E710n-z of officejet,,,,,, no error msgs, jus kp sayin no airprinter found, it used to work, but for awhile now it hasn't
HP Recommended
Try turning off everything on your network, including your router. Once you have everything off, turn just the router back on. Wait for the router to stabilize, typically 2-3 minutes. Now turn the everything else that connects to it, back on. Try using AirPrint. Let me know what happens.
Signature
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.