Question

Student
SiobhanO
Message 1 of 3 (7,693 Views)

how do i put my printer online?

OK, I feel really stupid having to ask such a stupid question, but I have been trying to print for an hour and a half and I am literally about to cry. I am not usually so helpless in tech matters! I am using my iPad (1) and trying to print from Safari. My printer was working fine and I printed a document which got a little crooked because hubby left a hat in front of the printer. I went over to printer to get the document, saw the problem, removed the hat. But, I saw on the little screen that there was an update and told it to go ahead and update. When it came back after the update, and I tried to print something Safari says the printer is offline. However, when I went to the printer to turn it online, I can't figure out how. The printer "help" files are so basic I think they are aimed at a four year old and exhaustive searching will not tell me how to something so freaking basic! What button do I push, what program or app do I need, what yoga position do I need to be in, and what do I need to sacrifice to Beelzubub to accomplish something that should be simple?
Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 3 (7,691 Views)

Re: how do i put my printer online?

Hi,

Please follow instructions/tips from this link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Lucy24
Message 3 of 3 (2,701 Views)

Re: how do i put my printer online?

Go into the control that shows your printer. It will show your printer offline with a line under it. Click on the offline

but be firm. A quick jab! My printer was offline for 2 weeks and this fixed it. A love tap doesn't work. Show it who is boss.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation