Question
Student
Message 1 of 5 (8,969 Views)

how do i put my printer online?

OK, I feel really stupid having to ask such a stupid question, but I have been trying to print for an hour and a half and I am literally about to cry. I am not usually so helpless in tech matters! I am using my iPad (1) and trying to print from Safari. My printer was working fine and I printed a document which got a little crooked because hubby left a hat in front of the printer. I went over to printer to get the document, saw the problem, removed the hat. But, I saw on the little screen that there was an update and told it to go ahead and update. When it came back after the update, and I tried to print something Safari says the printer is offline. However, when I went to the printer to turn it online, I can't figure out how. The printer "help" files are so basic I think they are aimed at a four year old and exhaustive searching will not tell me how to something so freaking basic! What button do I push, what program or app do I need, what yoga position do I need to be in, and what do I need to sacrifice to Beelzubub to accomplish something that should be simple?
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (8,967 Views)

Re: how do i put my printer online?

Hi,

Please follow instructions/tips from this link:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02221706&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
Message 3 of 5 (3,977 Views)

Go into the control that shows your printer. It will show your printer offline with a line under it. Click on the offline

but be firm. A quick jab! My printer was offline for 2 weeks and this fixed it. A love tap doesn't work. Show it who is boss.

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (532 Views)

How do I change my printer from offline to online?

HP Support Agent
Message 5 of 5 (497 Views)

Hello @dulcinia1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy I understand your HP Printer is offline and you would like it to be back online so you can use it.

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

If you run the PSDR and are still getting the Printer offline error, I would like you to continue here: 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the Printer Will Not Print

I will watch for your reply, please let me know the outcome.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation