HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-24-2012 08:03 PM
how do i sync my printer & iphone. I already installed the hp eprint app + added printer to website?
My printer is a hp officejet pro 8600 plus.
07-25-2012 11:06 AM
In order to AirPrint from your iPad/iPhone, here's all you need to do:
1. Make sure the printer and iPad/iPhone are connected to the same local network.
2. Open something you want to print (on the iPad/iPhone).
3. On the iPad/iPhone, tap the "Action" button (arrow curving out of a box).
4. Tap "Print".
If you have any issues:
The steps below typically resolve the issue that you may be experiencing:
1. Power off the printer.
2. Completely power off the iOS devices (hold the Sleep and Home buttons simultaneously until a message appears asking you to "Slide to power off". Slide across that bar, and it should completely power off).
3. Power the printer back on.
4. Power the iOS devices back on.
5. Try to print again.
Those steps usually resolve the issue. If they do not, try this additional steps:
6. Power cycle your router (usually done by unplugging the router’s power cord, waiting 20 seconds, and plugging it back in).
7. Make sure that the iOS devices and the printer are all connected to the same network, then try to print.
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.