jmsrach
Message 1 of 16 (916 Views)

how do you add eprint to your cellphone

how to add eprint to your phone

Provost
CherylG
Message 2 of 16 (893 Views)

Re: how do you add eprint to your cellphone

To ePrint from you phone use your email acct to send a document or photo to your printers email address.To make it simpler you could add a Contact & name it HPprinter & use the printer email address in details.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Tutor
JasonB3
Message 3 of 16 (844 Views)

There is another method to use ePrint from your cell phone. There is an app called HP ePrint Home & Biz. Once the app is downloaded, go into the app and at the bottom of the page there will be an option to register the eprinter. Enter the email address of your Printer. Depending  of the type of phone you are using, (Android, iPhone) there will be different options for what you can send. Android only has the options to print documents or photos, but an Iphone can print pictures, and documents, as well as access the web, use the camera, and scan a document.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
Top Student
lbug
Message 4 of 16 (834 Views)

I have the HP Officejet 6500A eprinter and it is connected to the network, not wireless. 

I have a Samsung Epic 4g Android smartphone

I have downloaded the HP Eprint Home & Biz for android

I have no problem printing pictures from my Epic but cannot print web pages.

When I registered I tried using the printer's email address but it wouldn't accept the code it sent.

when I registered using my regular email address (same as I use for my HP account) it accepted that code

I have now read on HP's site that it only shows apps for the iphone, ipad and itunes.....

Is there no way to use the Home & Biz app to print web pages using my mobile phone???

If that's the case then am I to assume when I'm away and find info on my mobile at this point it means I can't print any web info to my printer and have it when I get home.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Regents Professor
Cloud_Strider
Message 5 of 16 (824 Views)

Hello Lbug,

The Home and Biz app for Android does not support printing from web browsers at this time.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
Tutor
JasonB3
Message 6 of 16 (789 Views)

Unfortunately the Android, phone doesn't allow you to print from a web browser. This function is only available on the Apple  iPod touch, the iPad, and the iPhone, and they have to at least have version 4.2 or higher. I am hoping that sometime in the future this will be a feature that gets updated.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
Top Student
lbug
Message 7 of 16 (773 Views)

Than ks I appreciate your time in responding to my question although I'm a bit bummed that the app doesn't apply to the android phones.  Is there any hope for this in the future?

Top Student
lbug
Message 8 of 16 (771 Views)

Thanks, appreciate your response as well I appreciate your taking the time to respond......

Top Student
lbug
Message 9 of 16 (770 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks

I, appreciate your response as well I appreciate your taking the time to respond...... Sorry I misposted my thanks initially in the wrong place. 

Top Student
lbug
Message 10 of 16 (766 Views)

I tried entering the email address of my printer @hpeprint.com but it would not accept that I had to use my regular email address before I got a code to enter..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation